They're the new mainstream rock sensation(you've probably heard the song 'Addicted' if you ever listed to mainstream radio). What do you think of them? I personally find the song pretty catchy(although it isn't really that deep or meaningful ). Other than their single I haven't heard anything else off the album, I'm probably going to get around to it though.
yeah i've heard a couple of their songs and i thought they were good. if you're looking for a deep meaningful one check out 18 days.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
radio friendly power pop that has that "edgy" sound that everybody loves. oi
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Good band... saw them live, good show.

I have the CD and theres some good songs on it. 18 Days and Sailed Away are really good as well as Addicted.
18 Days sucks. If anyone disagrees, fine, that's your opinion, but mine is that that song ****ing sucks. My brother was like, "Oh, this is that other song of theirs," and I was like, "Well I don't see what all the hype was about." It is not THAT good of a song.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
I honestly have a hard time giving bands that seem like their bullseye is the mainstream market any chance at all.

Between their lyrics, their style of play, their singing, and the completely drowned out guitars 90% of the song, it just turns my stomach. Their songs are nothing more than vocaly catchy. And it's not even catchy because the lyrics are great, it's just flat out catchy.

I've listened to a few other songs other than addicted, trying to give them a chance. I have to say Addicted is their worst song, their other songs are tolerable for me. 18 Days honestly feels like another sell out song like addicted. Yes, it is emotionaly touching, but that emotionaly touching is what exactly is going to promote the song and make it popular. Anything that gives the listeners something to "Awww" at does well, and I feel like this song does just that. I'm calling it un-genuine, but it is JUST my opinion.

So, all in all, no, I do not like the band.
It's not that they're bad...it's just that they aren't original at all. They sound like every other mainstream band that gets playing on modern rock radio stations.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
They sound like Hinder. That's it. The first time I heard them, I thought that I was listening to Hinder, which makes my stomach turn to begin with.

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
They sound like Hinder. That's it. The first time I heard them, I thought that I was listening to Hinder, which makes my stomach turn to begin with.

Yeah.. I strongly through about ripping my car radio out and throwing it through a window.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I am so tired of hearing that song addicted. I don't hate them as much as nickelback, but if they last as long as nickelback has I will someday.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
See, I can atleast stand a few Nickelback songs. I just don't like Saving Abel. There's only one thing that appeals to me about that band, and that's their album cover.

I can safely say "Addicted" was the worst song I heard in 2008. I normally don't say negative things about music, but this is an exception. I can't stand them vocals that evoke no emotion whatsoever. They think they're sounding so "hard", but massively fail. I'd rather hear Soulja Boy and that style of music. At least they're having fun and it's meant not to be serious.

Haven't heard anything else by them though. Not sure if I want to.
Yea I agree with a few of you. Addicted was a pretty crappy song. I mean it's good, but I heard it so much on radio that it lost its pizzaz. But I think Saving Abel's whole album is pretty dang good for a debut album.
How can I respect a band whose debut single was about getting girls? Who needs integrity when you can make money?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I just listened to Addicted. Catchy maybe, but nothing special. In fact I could seriously guess what would happen right before it did.
Arpeggiated chords... check
Palm muted power chords... check
Chorus that sounds like every other Nickelback song... check
Breakdown like thing... check
Almost a cappella whisper right before another chorus... check
No solo... check
Lyrics...

Typical post grunge/modern rock song
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Jan 4, 2009,
I dubbed them Emoback actually

Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I dislike 'radio-rock' bands like this as much as you guys, but The Sex Is Good is a goddamn catchy, groovy song and I will put my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalalalalala I can't hear you" to anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Quote by soapalot
I dislike 'radio-rock' bands like this as much as you guys, but The Sex Is Good is a goddamn catchy, groovy song and I will put my fingers in my ears and go "lalalalalalalala I can't hear you" to anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.

Of course it is

but it's still fucking awful, just like them and every other one of their songs.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~