I've been hunting around online to find a deal on a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass to no avail. Every sale that is occurring right now excludes Squier, as well as a few other major brands. Do most sales that Musiciansfriend.com or Guitar Center put on exclude Squier and some big brands? I've always seen the ads for "x% off all qualifying brands" but have never bothered to read the fine print because I've never been srs about buying.

Thanks.
lower end guitars usually don't get sales, it's usually the crap that costs like, 2000 dollars that gets sales/free things in a package with it.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
the manufacturer is usually the one who causes their items to go on sale.

selling a shipment at lower cost, in order to get some more buyers or something similar. stores rarely put things on sale themselves, because they like profit margin
Quote by RSX
I've been hunting around online to find a deal on a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass to no avail. Every sale that is occurring right now excludes Squier, as well as a few other major brands. Do most sales that Musiciansfriend.com or Guitar Center put on exclude Squier and some big brands? I've always seen the ads for "x% off all qualifying brands" but have never bothered to read the fine print because I've never been srs about buying.

Thanks.

It's not like they're particularly expensive in the first place
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks everyone.

Quote by steven seagull
It's not like they're particularly expensive in the first place

Well, if you wanna pay the extra $40 that I though I was gonna save, please feel free to.
How low can they go. On a 800$ guitar theres some room to have a sale on a 200$ one not much at all.
Just get it second hand, probably would be cheaper then any sale anyway, especially has Squiers are not regarded highly by many people.
Here is a link for you www.craigslist.org . I have been looking for a cheap guitar w/ single coils to leave on a stand in my basement studio, squiers/danelectros/yamaha pac/etc. I can ALWAYS find at least 1 squier for under $75. Find one in your area, go try it and offer a bit less. Get a guitar that you can sell at a slight profit when you decide to get a new one.
Quote by dandadog
Just get it second hand, probably would be cheaper then any sale anyway, especially has Squiers are not regarded highly by many people.

ROAR! This attracted my attetion!

Buy it new, squiers are just SEX

Super
Especial
Xi (The greek letter, you never know what to expect of a Squier ^_^)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by son of anarchy
squiers are too big of pieces of **** too go on sale

Ahem, what did i just said? When will people understand they are not just entry level guitars?

No, they're entry level. They're good, but they're STILL entry level.

Find me a Squier that is on par with a (good) MIM or MIA Fender.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by RyanDV
No, they're entry level. They're good, but they're STILL entry level.

Find me a Squier that is on par with a (good) MIM or MIA Fender.

Give me 300 and i will find you something that will outdo a MIA Fender And it's a squier, lol. Ever heard about the quality of Jap Squiers? They used to be equivalent to any MIA or MIM out there, the drawback is they stopped making them =[ I am still looking for someone who wants to sell it, everyone love those squiers hehe.

Quote by Line6
ROAR! This attracted my attetion!

Buy it new, squiers are just SEX

Super
Especial
Xi (The greek letter, you never know what to expect of a Squier ^_^)

I said by MANY people. Selling my affinity strat was the worst decision I ever made. Don't go trying to give ME a lecture on the quality of Squiers, I know they make some amazing guitars.
Quote by son of anarchy
squiers are too big of pieces of **** too go on sale

your logic fails, if they were so crap they'd constantly be on sale because that'd be the only way to get people to buy them.
Quote by Imstpd99
squiers are always on sale

you missed the point a bit.

I think they are never included in part of these post-christmas sales because they aren't really too expensive so people still buy them regardless.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
your logic fails, if they were so crap they'd constantly be on sale because that'd be the only way to get people to buy them.

you missed the point a bit.

I think they are never included in part of these post-christmas sales because they aren't really too expensive so people still buy them regardless.

well its true, but the thing is, a squier bullet strat w/ tremolo is 99 bucks, thats lower than an epiphone would go, even if it were on sale