I play death metal. I have a Bugera 6262 head, a Vader 4x12 cabinet, an ISP Decimator noise gate, and a Schecter C-1 Blackjack with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck.

1. My cables are new and they are definitely long enough. I'm standing far away from my amp and I'm facing away from it.

2. My gain isn't way too high; it's only at 6.

3. My pickups are nice and they aren't microphonic. This is what I originally thought the problem was so I potted them and I still have feedback.

4. My power amp tubes are new. I still have the stock preamp tubes but I'm replacing them soon. Is there a high chance it's my preamp tubes causing the feedback? Someone said to tap the tubes lightly and if you can hear it through the speaker then your tubes are microphonic. I tried this and heard nothing.

5. I have my noise gate turned up as high as I can without cutting the volume of the guitar out.

Also, I realize that feedback is natural and I'm going to get some, but it's ridiculous when I have the volume at 2, the gain at 6, I play one note and there is an ear piercing squeal of feedback. Even if I'm playing riffs you can hear it in the background.

Wtf is wrong?!?!? I know Bugera has a bad reputation as far as quality since Behringer owns them or whatever. Do you think changing my preamp tubes will help? What else could it be? Is it something more complicated like the wiring in the amp or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks all!
Maybe the ground in your guitar jack (where you plug the cord into your guitar) is broken? Thats what happened to me.
Quote by fLYinGV23
Maybe the ground in your guitar jack (where you plug the cord into your guitar) is broken? Thats what happened to me.

could be this

and if the noise gate isn't cutting some of your volume then it probably isn't turned up enough to cut out feedback its self
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by fLYinGV23

how exactly do I check this?
Quote by justinb904
could be this

and if the noise gate isn't cutting some of your volume then it probably isn't turned up enough to cut out feedback its self

Usually I turn up my noise gate until the amp hum goes away, then I stop right there. If I turn it up real high it sucks tone and cuts out harmonics and stuff.
Quote by kirkhammett09
how exactly do I check this?

I would say take it to a guitar shop, or take the back off your guitar and check if everything is connected.
it's not the guitar.. i have three guitars and all 3 have horrible feedback on this amp... can crappy bugera preamp tubes cause feedback? will changing them help
Quote by kirkhammett09
can preamp tubes cause feedback? will changing them help

Yes.

My best guess to your problem is a microphonic preamp tube. Replace them.

JJs sound fantastic in Bugeras.

Check out www.eurotubes.com

Bob has a section regarding Bugera amps and he has FULL tube replacement kits for about $100.00USD