Page 1 of 2
For those of you that don't know, AOTM is the Acoustic Of The Month thread. A user picks an acoustic guitar (which they preferably own, though it's not necessary) and reviews it, thoroughly, and posts all its technical specifications and, optionally, pictures and sound recordings of the guitar.

AOTM slots will be given on a first come, first serve basis. If you want to do an AOTM, let me know in this thread. If you want, you can specify which month you would prefer, but it's not necessary.

New AOTM's must be posted within the first week (7 days) of the month they are designated for. Once posted, I will sticky them, of course.

Please send the final copy of your AOTM to me a week before it is due, so that I may make sure it is adequate (I honestly doubt I'll have a problem with that) and have it for backup purposes.

The signup sheet, as it stands:

January: tom183
February: ReChord
March: GC Shred Off
April:Confusius
May: Srgt. Pepper
June:

July: Anathetic

August: blynd_snyper
September: Baby Joel
October: THE NEKRYPH
November:
December: SomebodySomeone

Alternate(s): captivate, Natrone

And of course, AOTM's are open to everyone. Like your acoustic? Do it justice; give it an AOTM!

ATTN: Those that sign up, I'm counting on you. DO NOT sign up if you are not going to follow through with this small committment!
Your Breed? Oh, right, that one with all the abalone that I'm totally jealous of

Well, pending an extreme jump in skill level and the acquisition of a job, I should be getting either a higher-end G Series Takamine this year or some form of Seagull since I recently fell in love with them. That's right folks, Mr. Takamine is now a Takamine AND Seagull fanboy!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Hey jim, can you put me on as an alternate? If we're missing a reviewer for a certain month then I'll fill in with my Seagull. Both my brother and I have bought fossilized walrus ivory saddles, so they sound much better now.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Natrone
Your Breed? Oh, right, that one with all the abalone that I'm totally jealous of

Well, pending an extreme jump in skill level and the acquisition of a job, I should be getting either a higher-end G Series Takamine this year or some form of Seagull since I recently fell in love with them. That's right folks, Mr. Takamine is now a Takamine AND Seagull fanboy!

Yes, that one And no worries, I'm a Breedlove fanboy now ahaha
Quote by captivate
Hey jim, can you put me on as an alternate? If we're missing a reviewer for a certain month then I'll fill in with my Seagull. Both my brother and I have bought fossilized walrus ivory saddles, so they sound much better now.

You can put yourself in as an alternate you lazy thing!
Quote by jimtaka
You can put yourself in as an alternate you lazy thing!

Will do. Just wanted to make sure it was all good with you first.
Equipment:

I'm hardly a regular poster around here but i'd love to do one of these! Can I be put on the list, any time from now until August would be great if that's ok.
Quote by HatFullOfRain
I'm hardly a regular poster around here but i'd love to do one of these! Can I be put on the list, any time from now until August would be great if that's ok.

Sure thing! Just pick a month and I'll put you down! I would rather you select the month than me pick one for you.

Quote by GC Shred Off
I'll be happy to do a review or two. PM me if you'd like my help.

Pm'd.
Quote by jimtaka
Sure thing! Just pick a month and I'll put you down! I would rather you select the month than me pick one for you.

That's great! In that case, can I take June as no one else has taken it?
i would like to sign up for december. as i don't own an acoustic but i play them extensively at guitar stores. plus it'll give me time to buy one and fully observe it.

i'm in
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Jan 23, 2009,
Hey confusius, I have a question.

How does cedar sound chording? I found a Seagull S6 A/E with a cedar top and I'm thinking of buying it, but I don't know how cedar sounds for chording.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I recently bought a new kona dreadknought cutaway, and I was wondering if I made a good decision. I've only been seriously playing about six months and I was wondering if I made a good choice. I was told by several local guitarists that it had a very good sound before i bought it. More than one person told me that they sounded like even a gibson or martin so i was just wondering if i made a good choice.
Hey! When I get a job I'll be getting a Takamine EG363SC, one of their new guitars that Glenn Frey helped design.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I can to AotM for any of the open months, except August.
I'll be reviewing my Breedlove (It is different than the one that Silverstein reviewed).
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I would happily do one as long as it was after July. I have exams and then graduation trip and I'm not planning on having a lot of time until the end of this school year. I'd do it for my brand spanking new Cole Clark FL2AC (of course if you're all to sick of hearing about them I understand). August or September would probably be best.
Quote by Baby Joel
I can to AotM for any of the open months, except August.
I'll be reviewing my Breedlove (It is different than the one that Silverstein reviewed).

Added for September.

Quote by blynd_snyper
I would happily do one as long as it was after July. I have exams and then graduation trip and I'm not planning on having a lot of time until the end of this school year. I'd do it for my brand spanking new Cole Clark FL2AC (of course if you're all to sick of hearing about them I understand). August or September would probably be best.

Added for August.

Quote by Silverstein14
Woo! I'm excited to see the reviews. Always love seeing them. I wish I had another guitar to review, had a great time reviewing my Breed.

I like your idea and where it is going . . . . . . . just cant use the yellow. It makes it too hard to read.

*link removed*
Quote by Silverstein14
What?

Also, nice work on trying to advertise. Fail.

hey just saying like the message but i cant read it. I have to copy it and paste it and change the font color in order to read it. Message good, colors bad
hey guys.? where the thread for the april acoustic of the month.. five days had past already..
Confusious is on vacation right now. He'll get his review on his Alhambra up in a few days.
Equipment:

hmmm... i think i have a good suggestion.. y dont we just skip april.? coz its really taking too long.! har.!
Page 1 of 2