Page 1 of 4
Okay here are the specs that i am envisioning so far :

two piece walnut body, all gold hardware, string-thru bridge, two humbuckers, 25.5'' scale length, big fat gold fretwire, les paul style electronics (two volumes two tones, three way switch), with all sorts of LP's favorite carves going on.

neck = three piece quartersawn curly maple (a real son of a bitch to work with)
Pefectly quartersawn indian rosewood fretboard.
bolt on neck joint with all of the fixins
abalone fret dots, 24 frets
reverse ibanez JS1000 style headstock

when i am done with this guitar i will probably put it up on sale at the music store for $899.99.

picture will come soon, i am about to go prep the lumber
because i dont have a job, and school is only 2-3 days a week. I make a guitar and sell it for 900 dollars i am set for 2-3 weeks (being a teenager) and i can finish a guitar in 5 days, probably less if i wasnt lazy. plus i do various repairs and odd-jobs and i build other things as well.
Quote by LP Addict
because i dont have a job, and school is only 2-3 days a week. I make a guitar and sell it for 900 dollars i am set for 2-3 weeks (being a teenager) and i can finish a guitar in 5 days, probably less if i wasnt lazy. plus i do various repairs and odd-jobs and i build other things as well.

well nice. Why 2-3 days?
where do you go to school?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i take classes online and sometimes they meet on the army base in ft. belvoir. ill be transferring to one out of many many colleges i qualified for for a masters in music theory/composition in the next year or so though. that is if my band doesnt get famous.
^ good luck on the famous thing, not too many people can say they've been famous...

MORE PICTOORSESESES!!!!! *claps hands really fast*
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by skaterkevin87
^ good luck on the famous thing, not too many people can say they've been famous...

MORE PICTOORSESESES!!!!! *claps hands really fast*

Hah, I second this!

LP's builds have helped me to fall in love with RGs again. They really are flawless guitars, design wise.
Before you get started cutting the body, are you gonna do that CS780 stuff to it (rounded body and horns, scalloped cutaways)?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Before you get started cutting the body, are you gonna do that CS780 stuff to it (rounded body and horns, scalloped cutaways)?

yes i think so, its going to be very carved and very minimal roundover-age.
Quote by LP Addict
i would love to put a gotoh floyd rose on this since i get them for like 60 bucks through all parts, really really thinking about it.... that would be extremely boner.

Do it! Please! And for ****s and giggles, maybe a George Lynch style pickup array? Screamin Demon (or some other pickup) in the bridge and a Phat Cat P90 in the neck? That would be classy as hell...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by LP Addict
I dont think i am going to do the floyd rose on this one, cant afford it right now.

do a recessed TOM/String thru, they look BA.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
won't Gold fretwire wear out to fast? Just wondering.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by LP Addict
haha ive never seen a piece of walnut i DIDNT like, its all so awesome.

Whats it like sound wise?

I did a les paul about 9 years ago with Brazilian mahogany neck and body with a walnut top an it was terrible, no bottom end at all. . . . . .
walnut is super high-frequency wood. it doesnt mix well with others really, it sounds SWEET when you use it as the only bodywood though. with the right neck pickup (SD Jazz humbuckers) you can get the most stellar warmth/bite out of it, and with a good hot bridge pickup you can really shred out on it.
nice, how'd you manage to get 50% off?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
what now? You're an Allparts dealer? Cool.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Nice work so far, by the looks of it. It's helped me decide that an RG/Soloist-hybrid style superstrat will probably be the first build I attempt from scratch...

A question: What's different about the JS1000 headstock compared to a regular Ibanez one?
can i assume an oil finish is coming? If you cover that walnut i will find and hurt you
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
hey lp, i sent you a pm regarding a fretboard.

and your build is looking sweet
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by LP Addict
walnut is super high-frequency wood. it doesnt mix well with others really, it sounds SWEET when you use it as the only bodywood though. with the right neck pickup (SD Jazz humbuckers) you can get the most stellar warmth/bite out of it, and with a good hot bridge pickup you can really shred out on it.

It's a bright wood? Hm....
I'd like to build a guitar with a more complex mahogany-like tone. S'pose you'd recommend Sapele?
i would sapele FTW
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Yes, oil finish as ALWAYS with my builds, yall should know that damn. the JS headstock is different in that its not angled, its fender-style. i am not doing the ibanez style headstock now, not enough neck-stock on the piece. reverse strat style it is, i may cut it a little to make it look like the old peavey headstocks:
^ No other way to go than a headstock like that... Personally I like old Peavys, I dont know why...
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Awesome man, I am a big walnut fan, I'm really liking this. I gotta do an RG one of these days, all of mine are strats. I just want a plain white lacquered RG with a green perloid pickguard. possible some type of binding.
Page 1 of 4