K so, uhm
I recieved an Audio Technica AT2020, M-Audio USB Interface (Fast Track Pro), and M-Power Pro Tools (Cheap demo).
And I have everything installed. Everything seems okay. I even have a signal coming from the AT2020 to the Interface. But, then when I start recording, no sound comes out at all.
I need help, i'm so anxious to start recording my songs.
My dad thinks that the interface needs to be plugged in from its Out aux. to speakers/stereo/etc.
But the problem with myself; I do not know anything about this. Well I do, but you know what I mean, I hope.
Could it be that the configuration of the recording software isn't set properly? (Receiving signal from the interface/mic)
Or could it be that.. there's no signal from the Out aux. being sent from the Interface to a sound system of some sort.
Or both?

Please, Ultimate-guitar,
help a recording-n00b in need =(
thank you so much,
have a good year.
R.I.P. Witold "Vitek" Kiełtyka and Dimebag Darrell.

My Gear:
Dean Two-Tone Razorback
LTD MH-50 w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 120w Spider III
Marshall MG30DFX
Roland Cube 30w
I don't know about half the stuff except the Fast Track Pro. I think you just need to plug it into your usb and then, yes, the aux out or whatever kind of output it has to your speakers. Check the booklet if it came with one, it should have a diagram showing where the speakers are meant to be plugged in.
I believe this should be in the Recordings forum, but what Les Paul said is correct.

You might want to check that you've set a correct input channel selected in Pro Tools.
Plug in the Audio Technica AT2020 in to the fast track pro( which should be plugged into your computer through the usb cable) in one of the inputs ( make sure its on) make sure the button says instruments. and make sure that M-audio pro tools detects the fast track.

and double check all your cables work and everything is getting powered.

AND it has to be playing the sound out either to head phones or out to an amp

because if its not it wont detect the sound and wont let you record, it HAS to be playing sound or you cant record.
Yeah that's what I thought, too.
But there was only "Covers", "Tabs", and all that.

King Krunchy,
I plugged the Fast Track Pro into an amp, and I now hear myself when I speak into the mic.
And when I record, I see it being recording, but when I play it. I hear nothing.
And when I click the computers volume, it's using Fast Tro Pro as a source.
Here's a screen shot:

R.I.P. Witold "Vitek" Kiełtyka and Dimebag Darrell.

My Gear:
Dean Two-Tone Razorback
LTD MH-50 w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 120w Spider III
Marshall MG30DFX
Roland Cube 30w