Hey, I had a whole plan of how to gradually improve my speed and I need a metronome for it, I was going to use the metronome on Power Tab because that was I could increase and decrease the tempo and be sure of whether or not I was accurate by playing excercises etc. along with the tab. The only problem is; the metronome on PT only goes down to 40 Bpm and for my schedule to work I need to go lower than that.

So my basic question is; are there any other Midi programmes that will allow me to go lower than this or do I need to buy a metronome? I'd prefer to use a programme due to cost effectiveness, simplicity and so I can be sure of accuracy so would be very grateful if someone knows of one. Also do you consider using a one of these programmes a good idea?

Thanks in advance. If this doesn't fit in this forum I will move it but I figured the people here would know best how to solve this.
if you have audacity (you can download it for free) you can program in a 'click track' which is basically a metronome to any speed you want.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I assume you trying this with 16th notes. If you are really wanting to use power tabs metronome maybe just cut it down 8th notes? I dunno if that will work for what you're trying to do, jsut an idea
Double the metronome mark and half the speed of your playing
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
Double the metronome mark and half the speed of your playing

Yeah, i've had a look into it and the mathematics of the whole thing means this will be the easiest solution, thanks to all who posted though.
If you go to the tempo, then select 8th notes instead of quarter notes for the beat, then the tempo will be half the speed, you can also do this with 16ths and below
so you can go as low as you need to.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
geez I couldn't find any Metronomes on the net I was planning to go get an actual one this week, thanks guys.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
^ The vast majority of real (physical, not online) metronomes also only go down to 40. Still better in my opinion, as you're not stuck in front of your computer while you are practicing.

It's no biggie, as public property said, just switch to 8th notes instead of 16ths. One thing though when doing this - as soon as you hit 80 with 8ths, switch to 40 with 16ths. Playing at 40 is quite tricky, esp at first, due to how slow it is. I think you'll ultimately develop your timing more this way, due to how much you have to concentrate on getting it right at these slow speeds.

I believe Freepower's metronome goes down to 25. If you're reading, could you post what model you have? I've also had trouble finding one that goes below 40.
tuxguitar=free
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
I believe Freepower's metronome goes down to 25. If you're reading, could you post what model you have? I've also had trouble finding one that goes below 40.

I just use GP. 25 is a nonsense number really, but guitarists will accept nonsense before they accept what "really, stupidly, insanely slow" means.