I used the search bar but the break wasn't similar to mine in the other threads and I believe this is the proper section but my guitar fell from the stand and broke, it is broken on the backside just above the first fret. My camera/phone isn't working so I made a pic in paint to illustrate it.

the backside is facing you in the picture. The plastic part is still holding it together but the wood is clearly separated. The fretboard is 100% in tact and in perfect condition. Its just above the fret board where the headstock starts. Its not really cracked or anything but its not exactly clean broken. My question would be can i Use some kind of wood glue to fix it or will i need a new neck. If I do need a new neck how much do you think it would cost/? The guitar is a Les Paul standard and I believe has a mahogany neck but yeah thanks in advance I'd appreciate any help.
i am axel rose
the easiest way to fix it would be getting a new neck, but it is more expensive. You may try fix it with wood glue and see what happens...
You can fix it with wood glue or something similar but I think you might have some sort of permanent tuning problem with the guitar.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Yah i think glue would do the trick, cause from what im getting out of your picture the break is where the head stock is glued on, cause the angled headstocks are chopped of the main neck wood at an angle then it is glued on again on the angle. So i think for the most part the glue they used just didnt hold or it was slightly improper, unless you did somthing wrong that caused it to break. But yah cant hurt trying to fix it, cause you only have 3 options the way i see it, Fix it with glue, Buy a new neck, or Buy a new guitar. I'd say you could just walk away from the problem like bullies... but that wont solve anything here...lol Good luck, i hope it works again with no issues.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
that is some made paint skillz

anywho ^these guys are right^
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
Also, to do the best repair you really want to break the neck in half completely. This way, when you glue it up and clamp it back together, the glue gets everywhere in the joint ensuring a good quality repair which will hopefully give you no problems for some time to come!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Ethanb08
Yah i think glue would do the trick, cause from what im getting out of your picture the break is where the head stock is glued on, cause the angled headstocks are chopped of the main neck wood at an angle then it is glued on again on the angle. So i think for the most part the glue they used just didnt hold or it was slightly improper, unless you did somthing wrong that caused it to break. But yah cant hurt trying to fix it, cause you only have 3 options the way i see it, Fix it with glue, Buy a new neck, or Buy a new guitar. I'd say you could just walk away from the problem like bullies... but that wont solve anything here...lol Good luck, i hope it works again with no issues.

It would have to be a problem with the glueing process, because a properly glued scarf joint is alot stronger than a non scarf jointed neck, and the glue is stronger than the wood.

Either that or it broke because of something else.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
...my guitar fell from the stand and broke...

There is a tutorial on Project Guitar, for dealing with Broken scarf joints. It also tells you how to safely continue the break, for a better repair.

Titebond, as MintSauce said.
Thanks so much guys I'll get some glue n try to fix it I really appreciate it! Happy holidays
i am axel rose