Yo!

I'm going shopping tomorrow (DEC. 27) and I'm looking for a set of new pickups for my Telecaster. I'm looking for something that comes close to early 80's Fender American Telecaster pickups in terms of specs. (Ohm). Anybody how can help me with it?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Dec 26, 2008,
you could try ebay for some actual 80s tele pickups.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Did search Ebay. I only found 1 neck pickup, but that one is actually to old for what I'm searching for. the one I found is from 84. I'm searching from 80, 81 or 82 tops. + I want a complete set. Anybody who knows some more exact specs. for early 80s pickups would be helpful to.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Anybody who can help?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
you should ask that dude on here who makes pickups. I forget his name. I just assume he knows best lol
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
k. Anybody know the name of "the guy" Exo M7 said I should ask?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
not really that's why I made that thread.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
So send corduroyEW a mail. Anybody else who can help?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
An '80s tele won't have any "special" pickups they'll just be regular tele style pickups... How much money do you have to spend? I think that the Jason Lollar telecaster pickups are very nice; you've just gotta choose what style you'd like. I would think the "vintage" would be closest to what you want...

Seymour duncan Antiquities are nice for telecasters; as are Harmonic Design... Even though I'm not a massive fan Lindy Fralin may do something you'd like as well.

These are fairly expensive options though...

Is there any reason you want an '80s pickup? Did you try one you like? What did you like about it? What stuff do you wanna play?

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
The stuff I wanna play is mostly Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave songs in Drop D with that guitar. Thats also the reason why I'm after early 80s pickups, since Toms Tele is a complete stock American Standard from the early 80s. Money Doesn't really matters. as long as it isn't like 200 $ for 1 pickups.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Please don't bump that much. Bumping is actually against the rules.

Also, much of Tom's stuff is done on his humbucker guitars. Audioslave's last CD was done almost entirely with his "Budweiser" LP. His main RATM guitar for standard tuning is that custom Fender Strat, which has a Hot Rails. Live, he uses the "Arm the Homeless". Then he has the Goya for Drop B tunings.
The Tele is used for Drop D stuff. You should be able to get a similar sound if you just stay on the neck pickup and crank it up. Like mentioned, there's nothing special about an 80's Fender.
In all honesty I don't have much to add to this that PF hasn't already said. I've not personally inspected early 80's tele pickups and I'm not willing to state things as fact that I don't have 1st hand knowlege of. The best thing to do would be top contact Jason Lollar. He knows about this stuff.
Not taking any online orders.