http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wwNVjNohOt4

iv seen them on many Pro's guitars but never on a guitar at a shop, they can be clearly seen on the video at the time 7:50

they sit right beside the volume knob, obviously im talking bout the little switches not the pickup selector switch lol.

so can anyone shed some light on the subject for me please?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
I expect it's a killswitch though I may be wrong.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
They are likely to be switches for the active pickups. Or they could be tone switches that act like a tone knob at 0 when off and act like a tone knob at 10 when on.
They could be switches for a sustainer if there's one installed (didn't really look at the vid).
My guess is that they're coil taps. Could be a kill switch though. Hell, it could even be a Piezo bridge, or led-switches...

No real way to tell until you see the rest of the guitar, and in action I might add.
hmm, awrite, well i think il add that iv seen them on John Petrucci's guitar, and also on Steve Vai's too.

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
do you know which of Vai's jems it was? If it was labeled "Flo" then it has a fernandes sustainer in the neck position.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
do you know which of Vai's jems it was? If it was labeled "Flo" then it has a fernandes sustainer in the neck position.

yeah he has 2 switches on Flo, and also on that beast triple neck guitar too

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Where did they get enough wood for that!? Also, it must weigh at least 40 pounds. And you thought a '59 burst was heavy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
They can be any of the following:
Coil Tap (most common)
Kill Switches (mainly on modded instruments, though some use them in lieu of a pickup selector switch)
Gain Boosts (Mainly found on guitars with EMGs, though some passive pickups use them too)
In/Out Phase Switches (Uncommon)
Acoustic/Piezo Pickups (Again, not the most common things but they are out there)
Sustainers (Found with a sustainer pickup)

I know I forgot a few, but there you go.
Quote by craig_mccann
yeah he has 2 switches on Flo, and also on that beast triple neck guitar too

Mojo have 4 lulz. They have probably benders or high boosters, or killswitches or who knows what other secret he may have in ter /gg
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P