I'm looking to buy a new acoustic now that I've put back enough money to get a decent mid-range model. I have six hundred dollars maximum to spend. I have had my mind set on getting a Seagull 25th anniversary model, but I need some advice. Which is the better of the two and why? Are there better guitars in the same price range with all solid wood bodies that I should look into? I've considered Epiphones, but I would like to try something different since I have an Epiphone electric guitar.
I almost never play acoustic while plugged into an amp, so I would be fine without electronics, but I would like to have a cutaway for the ease of use that one would provide. I play with a good balance between finger style and plectrum use, so I need something with versatility. Lastly, I live several hours from any decent guitar shop and will be ordering online, so I can't really go try different guitars in order to see which one I prefer.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
I hate to bump a thread, really I do, but over three hours without a single response has prompted me to do so. To the mods: I'm sorry. Can someone answer at least some of my questions? I would appreciate Captivate's opinion very much; he seems to know what he's talking about and he owns one of the aforementioned Seagull guitars.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

I don't know much about Seagull guitars, but I can say NO EPIPHONE I can't stand them

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

I just ordered a Seagull Maritime Spruce. I found a really good price on it. Plus an additional $45.00 off using a code at checkout. Since I don't have it in my hands yet I can't really tell you too much about it. It doesn't have the cutaway that you like. I don't think you can go wrong with any Seagull. I tried a lot of them.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seagull-Maritime-Series-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516939
A cutaway really isn't a necessity; it's just something that I'd like. If Captivate doesn't see this thread, I'm going to send him a pm to get his thoughts on the flame maple 25th anniversary model. Also, are lute hole covers actually useful? They look pretty nice and I may order one when I order my guitar.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lute-Hole-4-Soundhole-Cover-for-Feedback-Control?sku=369500
Quote by Twist of fate

Those lute hole covers are feedback busters and are used primarily when amped up during a gig where you have some more powerful amplifiers near to the acoustic. For casual gigging and home play, they're not necessary.