You shouldn't really be using pedals for pop-punk. Just your amp and it's distortion.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Nothing to be honest. Just don't have so much distortion on your amp.
It's all about finding a nice sound from your amp.
Sweet.
u CHOOSE to play this?

i don't understand

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
What kind of pop punk exactly?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by deafening
u CHOOSE to play this?

i don't understand

Whats wrong with pop punk?
I love it. Second favourite music genre right after metal.

Born a metalhead, die a metalhead. But hell i do enjoy myself a bit of pop punk!
Sweet.
Then you don't need anything at all.
Quote by Cathbard
a nice Tuner pedal

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by a7xrocks02
Same.

Ahh nice to know there's others like me out there.
Open mindedness for the win eh?
Sweet.
Amp distortion would be the way to go if yours is good.

I noticed that most pop punk guitar sounds have a overdrive/distortion-ish blend, which can usually be achieved with amp distortion, but otherwise a BOSS OS-2 might work to produce a blend.

Trust me with the pedal. Me and my band play punk rock, but there is a little bit of pop punk in there and the OS-2 works for me.

I listen to a bunch of different kinds of punk, and pop punk is one of them. I don't like it as much as punk rock but I still like it.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
If you're playing blink stuff, you're gonna want a good humbucker guitar and turn your gain all the way up. Pop punk is what you make of it, it can be any tone you want.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120