ok so on xmas i was expecting a roland cube 20x and guess what i got...

...a line 6 spider 3 15 watt

i have a johnson strat copy and the pickups say emg johnson on them and i wanted to know if an epiphone les paul would sound good with this? because the guitar i have will NEVER sound good with any amp,i realise that now i was so angry earlier i kicked the amp as hard as i could and threw my guitar as hard as i could too!i can already tell these """"""amps""""""" were made specifically to SELL to kids who just wanna play back in black etc yea allthose songs, who also have parents who bought them decent guitars,which is why i asked about the epiphone,i know these CAN sound good with them(vids on youtube=good example)but what i really wanna know is,should i stick to practicing without amp or should i give this amp another chance with a decent guitar? im very very,very tempted to give up learning alltogether,

so...what now???
you can't return the amp ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
you can't return the amp ?

not after he just brutally kicked it...
it's fine for a practice amp. not a huge step down from the cube. calm down kiddo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
The amp is a good practice amp, stfu and get a life.
Most people would be glad they got anything for Christmas.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Spoilt much?
Be thankful you got something and stop being such a cry baby.
The spider 3 isn't a bad amp for practice, just as good as the cube imo. With the attitude you have i'm guessing you won't be gigging (Which is what it's NOT good for) any time soon so what is your problem?
Sweet.
Quote by BC_Warlock
Spoilt much?
Be thankful you got something and stop being such a cry baby.
The spider 3 isn't a bad amp for practice, just as good as the cube imo. With the attitude you have i'm guessing you won't be gigging (Which is what it's NOT good for) any time soon so what is your problem?

yes i am very spoilt,but are you saying i can be thankful even though im spoilt?? learn what that definition means before you use it.
Quote by led zeppelin248
yes i am very spoilt,but are you saying i can be thankful even though im spoilt?? learn what that definition means before you use it.

That post made hardly any sense. Re-phrase what you said so it's understandable.
Sweet.
Tone really depends on the amp. If the amp isn't so good then no guitar will sound good through it. Whichever amp you got would have made no difference in the long wrong as you most likely wanted a practice amp and not a gigging/show type amp. However, different guitars are made for different styles, so what style do you play?
Quote by BC_Warlock
That post made hardly any sense. Re-phrase what you said so it's understandable.

what i meant is,i thought spoilt meant someone with a spoilt character, therefore my character sucks and cant feel appreciative of a nice gesture from someone when i feel so terribly dissapointed.
Quote by sg4ever
Tone really depends on the amp. If the amp isn't so good then no guitar will sound good through it. Whichever amp you got would have made no difference in the long wrong as you most likely wanted a practice amp and not a gigging/show type amp. However, different guitars are made for different styles, so what style do you play?

i would like to play queen and led zeppelin style rock and clapton and hendrix style blues.
Also, don't be disgusted with what you have and give up learning. I learned on a junky acoustic guitar with strings like three inches (exaggeration) above the neck.
An Epiphone Les Paul would be fine for most of that. A Fender Strat would be better for the Hendrix stuff, but the Epiphone would sound fine for most of that stuff.
Quote by sg4ever
Also, don't be disgusted with what you have and give up learning. I learned on a junky acoustic guitar with strings like three inches (exaggeration) above the neck.

yeah thanks,i mean i hope i do get better,but the biggest lesson iv learnt in nearly a year of trying to play is:ALWAYS start on an acoustic...i should have listened
Quote by led zeppelin248
what i meant is,i thought spoilt meant someone with a spoilt character therefore my character sucks and cant feel appreciative of a nice gesture from someone when i feel so terribly dissapointed.

Still didn't make much sense.
You were given an amp that your parent's thought you'd enjoy (that is perfectly suited for your needs anyway) and your kicking it and going in a paddy. Some people don't get anything at christmas. How do you think they feel? You should be grateful you got anything, even if it isn't the thing you wanted. I didn't get an ESP LTD EC1000, but you don't see me making a thread about it saying i kicked my other gifts do you?

In short, you recieving a gift that is perfectly fine for your needs, making a thread about how much it sucks and how you've kicked it and threw your guitar or whatever you did, is acting like a spoilt brat.
Be grateful you got something is all i'm saying.
Sweet.
Quote by BC_Warlock
Still didn't make much sense.
You were given an amp that your parent's thought you'd enjoy (that is perfectly suited for your needs anyway) and your kicking it and going in a paddy. Some people don't get anything at christmas. How do you think they feel? You should be grateful you got anything, even if it isn't the thing you wanted. I didn't get an ESP LTD EC1000, but you don't see me making a thread about it saying i kicked my other gifts do you?

In short, you recieving a gift that is perfectly fine for your needs, making a thread about how much it sucks and how you've kicked it and threw your guitar or whatever you did, is acting like a spoilt brat.
Be grateful you got something is all i'm saying.

i am grateful to my mother,but as soon as i tryed it out it was hard to still feel that way is all IM saying.
Bandwagoner. The SS Spiders aren't gigging amps, but for bedroom practice I'd rather have one than my Ibanez,
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales