Page 1 of 2
Hello,

I recently acquired a peavey wolfgang for christmas and made this account hastily for it.
It was used (obviously) and did not come with a whammy bar.

I bought a new one at guitar center today, only to find it was too big. I tried to fit it in, then it started to slide in. I figured the bushing thing hadn't been oiled for a while or something so i was just being stubborn.

Big mistake.

I kept pushing it in more and more. As far as i could get it in was easy to slide in by then. Unfortunately, it turned out that it was expanding the bushing, eventually causing it to crack in 3 places.

So, what should/can i do? I noticed StewMac seems to have one, as well as SamAsh. Will these fit the Peavey licensed floyd rose?

For those who will suggest contacting the company, they have not replied from when i e-mailed them before (probably closed for the holidays), and i don't want to send another e-mail.

I am very distressed about this and my parents' ignorance about the fact that i'm trying to experiment with it to get it adjusted to my taste is not helping.

Please help!
um, you're supposed to bring the guitar with you, or know the size of it, and they get one that fits..

if it doesnt fit dont push.

n00b mistake for you
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
um, you're supposed to bring the guitar with you, or know the size of it, and they get one that fits..

if it doesnt fit dont push.

n00b mistake for you

1) It's the only one they have
2) As i said, i figured it wasn't oiled well
3) How is that helpful? I just got the guitar yesterday. Yes, i am a noob. I'm not looking for people to point out everything i just said and say it was stupid, i'm looking for help.
Quote by metalmetalhead
is it like a rubber bushing? i have a FR but it has no bushings its just metal

It's where the whammy bar slides in and screws on. It's metal, not rubber. If i can figure it out i may be able to have a pic up momentarily...
Pictures? Peavey Floyds are Gotoh made. What did you break? If it is just the bushing, I think they are replacable on those. any Gotoh or Ibanez Edge/Edge Lo-Pro one should work.
damn that really sucks!!!

theres 2 peaces the tremolo arm houseing (what the whammy bar screws into)

and the trem arm coupling (screws on to the TREM housing from the bottem)

which one did you break? did you only break the top part that the whammy bar screws on to? if its only cracked and not completly brokin it might be ok for a little while if you get the right whammy bar

that picture looks like a acher to keep the brige in place/action adjustment
Quote by Pac_man0123
I kept pushing it in more and more. As far as i could get it in was easy to slide in by then. Unfortunately, it turned out that it was expanding the bushing, eventually causing it to crack in 3 places.

congrats, you just took your girlfriend's virginity... lol

but anyway, that sux dude...
the peaveys trem arm is natrually loose feeling

the kinda, screw on part is tight, but the arm itself is loose and moves around freely if that makes sense...

i wouldve thought any replacment trem arm would have worked though...
its a kinda standard fit
apart from ibanez ones i think...

edit: just a little thing i remembered, the closest design to the peavey one ive seen is a schaller...
Top lel.
Last edited by the memory at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by metalmetalhead
damn that really sucks!!!

theres 2 peaces the tremolo arm houseing (what the whammy bar screws into)

and the trem arm coupling (screws on to the TREM housing from the bottem)

which one did you break? did you only break the top part that the whammy bar screws on to? if its only cracked and not completly brokin it might be ok for a little while if you get the right whammy bar

that picture looks like a acher to keep the brige in place/action adjustment

It's the top part. It cracked in 3 places, plus it's expanded. I doubt if i got a real replacement it would work, and if it did it probably wouldn't be stable.
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's the top part. It cracked in 3 places, plus it's expanded. I doubt if i got a real replacement it would work, and if it did it probably wouldn't be stable.

pics would REALLY REALLY REALLY help
haha

thats a total guttor though
lovely guitars
Top lel.
@ "the memory"- Took a couple, sending to my email now. Hopefully i'll have them up in the next 5-10 minutes.

@ "metalmetalhead"- That's the one i had in the original post.

Can anyone confirm that the replacement arm from StewMac will fit?
im not sure if it will fit, i assume it will...

but the peaveys arm design is different to the one that appears on OFRs and such...
ever so slightly
Top lel.
Quote by metalmetalhead
lol i see now i did not click on that thought it was just the web-site..does your FR say oringal floyd rose trim on it?

if so it should work

according to his profile its an EVH wolfgang special
which is the same as mine (providing its the korean made version)

those ones have a peavey trem
its really similar to a schaller
almost identitcal infact
Top lel.
i think it would work. but then again i didnt think that where was a different between floyd rose whammy bars either so i could be wrong to be posative u would have to measure

and what i asked was does it say ORINGAL FLOYD ROSE on it mine says it on the top part

well tell us i would like to know if the stuff on stew mac would fit that trem and resize what? ur whole trem arm housing? there shouldnt be anything to resize its cracked...but if u take the housing off from the back u could measure that whole.
Last edited by metalmetalhead at Dec 26, 2008,
right, its the same as mine then

really easy to fix that if you get the part
unscrew the back plate, you'll see where it is. all you need to do is unscrew it with an allan key

i just tried to screw the jacksons trem arm into the socket, and it was really tight and difficult to get out, think the peaveys is ever so slightly narrower
Top lel.
@ metalhead- Yes, that's what i was addressing. It is licensed. It says Licensed. Not original.

@ the memory- I know where to unscrew it and all of that. My only concern now is what part will fit and where i can get it.
hmm
i guess you could go to a tech and explain to them

its probably quite difficult to get the proper trem arm though given that peavey stopped making them

how you finding the guitar anyway?
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
hmm
i guess you could go to a tech and explain to them

its probably quite difficult to get the proper trem arm though given that peavey stopped making them

how you finding the guitar anyway?

I don't know any local techs to be honest...

If you're asking how i found it, it was at guitar center.
If you're asking how i like it, it is a very nice guitar. Ibanez-type neck heel, slim neck, awesome pickups (however the bridge seems to have been replaced by what looks like a DiMarzio Evolution).
nah i meant how your finding it, to play and stuff lol

most of the shops here have a tech in them :/
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
nah i meant how your finding it, to play and stuff lol

most of the shops here have a tech in them :/

Dang you're fast haha. (i edited)

Well, there are a few places i could try but to be honest, i don't know much about the local shops. I always go to guitar center and the only one i've been in had almost ALL acoustic instruments (banjos, harps, acoustics, sitars, etc.) and only a couple Gretsch guitars. I'll poke around and see what i can find.

How embarrassing will that be, taking that thing to a tech...

EDIT: And i'll be back in a bit. Going to eat now.
go tell peavey their floyds suck ass. Origionals for the win. shame on you for getting a liscenced. i dont blame you for the cracking. umm, i think that you can easly flip those out. uhh, you MIGHT need to get a new trem its pricey at like 100 bux, but if you go to a shop then im sure that they might take care of that.
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by xFinnellx
go tell peavey their floyds suck ass. Origionals for the win. shame on you for getting a liscenced. i dont blame you for the cracking. umm, i think that you can easly flip those out. uhh, you MIGHT need to get a new trem its pricey at like 100 bux, but if you go to a shop then im sure that they might take care of that.

Their floyds most certainly do not suck. And as far as a new one, that's out of the question. I myself have almost no money and after christmas there's no way my parents have enough.

Oh and i just noticed your edit, metalhead. I meant resizing the pictures.
Quote by metalmetalhead
the whole in my trem which is a FR lo-trs trem 2 is 3/8s of an inch did you measure yours?

I honestly have no idea where a measuring tool is, i'll try to find one.

By the way, it's hole, not whole.

Don't hurt me, i can't help it.
FINALLY just was able to measure it. Misplaced my allen wrench so i had to use the pulley system in the garage to lower the bike to get to the pouch with the tool in it. Luckily it had one that was the right size. Looks like it's 6/16 of an inch which would be 3/8 of an inch.
Quote by metalmetalhead
great that thing on stewmac should fix you up then..i dont think a guitar center would carry but u can try
but the problem should be solvled

As i said before, the one i got was the only one guitar center had. I'll have to order it online. I'll get back to y'all when i get the part and try it out. Till then, i'm just going to leave the current piece out of the bridge.

Also, since im getting the new part, does that mean that the trem hole will be larger and more... compliant with replacement arms?
most likly they will be the same size so you will prolly have to whammy bars the same..lol maybe get a different color. u could prolly return the whammy bar u just got or sale it to a crack head or something haha
Quote by metalmetalhead
most likly they will be the same size so you will prolly have to whammy bars the same..lol maybe get a different color. u could prolly return the whammy bar u just got or sale it to a crack head or something haha

Well i'll definitely return the one i have now to GC and say something to the sales associate about how it broke my bridge and i'm pretty upset about it if you catch my drift

Plus the one from GC is black, where my bridge is chrome. I'll get a chrome one from StewMac.
well its more like ur fault if u would have takin ur guitar there they may have been able to order the right one in the frist place..or order the whole set like ur doing now. like memory said they dont make them no more. so its not really there fault u broke it. but i can understand why ur upset
this happened to my friend once,
he took it back to the guitar store,
they fixed hos floyd rose and hooha for him for free.
i think it was because hes a nubcake.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by metalmetalhead
well its more like ur fault if u would have takin ur guitar there they may have been able to order the right one in the frist place..or order the whole set like ur doing now. like memory said they dont make them no more. so its not really there fault u broke it. but i can understand why ur upset

Meh. I'm only going to say something about it casually and then see if i'm offered any compensation (pack of picks or something). Just a little nudge to see what happens, y'know?

In all honesty, this was a very good learning experience. Maybe not a fun one, but i learned.
Page 1 of 2