just look at all of the other build threads... they all basically cover this matter with pictures and such.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
You should make it a through neck, then sculpt the hell out of it.

I would suggest that you take a look at mine for my opinions on the matter, but I think that you already have
Quote by -MintSauce-
You should make it a through neck, then sculpt the hell out of it.

I would suggest that you take a look at mine for my opinions on the matter, but I think that you already have

so your saying sculpt the neck?
i have looked at yours, you gotta finish it though, its too good to be unfinished.
Quote by necroscience13
so your saying sculpt the neck?
i have looked at yours, you gotta finish it though, its too good to be unfinished.

Well, if you make it neck-through, you'll be sculpting what is essentially the neck AND body, but you won't sacrifice any joint strength at the heel.. because there is no joint. Sure, you can't go stupid and make it painfully thin, but you can remove pretty much everything that would have been there for a set neck.

I really hate set necks on sleek guitars like the Rhoads or Alexi, because they contradict the rest of the streamlined/smooth design.

Also, I wasn't trying to sound arrogant with the remark about my build - I just referenced it to show what I meant, and the second part was just a light quip.