What's your opinion on this pedal? I'm considering getting this but would it work well connected to a Roland Cube 30x? And my guitar is the Peavey Raptor Exp.
don't use distortion pedals with a digital modeling amp. get a valve amp where the distortion will actually make a difference, first, then decide if you need one.

you could get it now and save it for the future, but depending on your next amp, maybe you wouldn't need it
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Dec 26, 2008,
I heard that the pedal would work well as long as I'm on the clean channel of my amp. Would it work well if I used the pedal while on the clean channel?
what tones are you looking for?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I like the cleans on the Cube 30x so I'm wondering if I can play on the clean channel and only use distortion from the Satchurator pedal for a good lead tone but I don't know if that would work well
Word of advice--the satchurator is a great pedal but sounds like pure a$$ when put through a solid state amp. I don't know why, but it does. It's in my rig when playing through my JSX, but when I tried it through a crate, vox, and marshall solid state combo amp, the tone was absolutely terrible.

Other advice: the tone knob is VERY touchy. Find a setting you like and mark it really well. Tape down that sucker in case you kick it. The gain knob is best set just before 12:00 to get the MORE switch to kick out a great lead gain tone. I leave the volume knob maxed out.
Quote by ironazn
I'm looking for the Joe Satriani tone like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM
or at least something close to it

Same here! I really want Satch's AWM/AWY tone! Try the satchurator with your amp because I hear it responds differently to each amp.
If you end up getting it, I'd like to hear how it is, cause I'm considering buying it.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I'm gonna check out the local Long & Mcquade and see if they have it. theyre having their boxing week sale so I might as well go and chekc it out.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

I picked up the satchurator 2 weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. You can get such a wide variety of tones of it; I am very impressed.

I usually keep the gain at around 4 or 5, the tone around 3-5, and the volume at 7. Then when I need more gain I just click on the "More" switch and it puts the gain at about 10, and gives a slight volume boost as well. Be careful when adjusting that tone knob, it is VERY sensitive. Once you find a spot you like be sure to remember where you had it set.

I like the way this pedal sounds when I run it through the clean channel of my amp, but when I set my amp for a light crunch sound and turn the pedal on, it gets a very pleasing tone as well. You can get blues tones, to modern rock, and maybe even some nice metal tones with some tweaking of your amp.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER