I was trying to find an airsoft version of the FG42 (Fallschirmjaeger Gewehr '42). It was intended as an Assault Rifle/LMG for German Paratroops in WWII.

Anyway I'm trying to find an airsoft version. I cant find one. So I looked for a gun that looked similar to it. The best I found was between an SVD or SL-9 (G36 sniper variant). I decided to go with the SL-9 since it looked somewhat futuristic or sci-fi -ish. (Also some of the rifles used in WWII are like, WTF?)

So anyway, I am looking for an SL-9 AEG with a full-metal body and metal gearbox. Also one that can shoot shot, after shot, after shot, consistently and accurately. Also one that wont break the bank TOO much. Somewhere in the $150-$275 range. That would still get what I want from it, right?

So what brands would you suggest looking into?
I know Classic Army makes an SL-8 (looks exactly the same but with a scope), but I believe it's in the 300 range.
SOAS
I would try the Classic Army one, but its made of fiberglass. I've heard that stuff can cause health problems, so no. Otherwise I would.

I want one whose body is ABS plastic or whatever that composite material is.

I'll even settle for plastic body as long as the gearbox is metal.
Last edited by neptune1988 at Dec 26, 2008,