Alright so I am looking for a new amp because my housemate is leaving and I had been bumming off his Hot Rod Deluxe. I am looking for an amp that has a very clean tone and can play blues and soft rock. I won't be needing to crank it up and play some heavy metal or anything. So for under $500, what will give me the best sound?
Taylor 410-CE
Fender Strat Mex Standard
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
i like how you list the HRD in your sig..

and that extra line in your sig bothers me..

anyways..

do you need it loud enough to gig with?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
...get a HRD! lol. I got mine for $525 new, then tax and stuff though. shouldn't be a problem to find one used.

if not, try a blues jr. it's not quite the same beast, but it can still do nice clean tones and awesome blues/classic rock.

used or cheap new peavey classic 30 is good too. about the same kind of thing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Dec 26, 2008,
Peavey Classic 30.
Hot Rod Deluxe.
Go to GC and try stuff out.
There's some Crate thing I saw once that was Class A tube that had some pretty sweet cleans..
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
haha. Well it was technically ours as we both paid for it, but he bought the other half from me. Yea I have looked into the Blues Junior. I don't need enough punch to gig, just enough for a large room of friends. Thanks for your help so far!
Taylor 410-CE
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Oh and I fixed my sig just for you
Taylor 410-CE
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Thank you all for your responses. Ok as of now, the blues junior is my lead choice as Fender has been quite good to me over the years. What are the key differences between it and the HRD?
Taylor 410-CE
Digitech GNX-3
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe