Hey there guys, got a Fender Lite Ash Telecaster this christmas and I love it, but I want to just finish it off so I was wondering...

would it be worth;
Replacing string trees with a roller string trees (ive always wondered what the difference is)
Locking tuners (what ones)
4-way switch
Strap locks

Anything else, be it cosmetic or performance, although I'm looking for a black/crome look
Hi, mate.

Let my give my 2 pence about modding your already awesome sounding guitar...

1. You could replace your string trees with rollers, but unless you're going for a tremelo arm...not much point, IMHO. Unless, of course, your Tele has a tendency to detune for no apparent reason! (BTW - the difference with roller trees is they have a little wheel inside them to reduce friction)

2. Locking tuners - again, unless you're a divebomb mad-man, or just plain super heavy on bends...probably no need. But, I hope you're both of those things, so I'd go for Sperzal or Schaller (if you want to be authentic...)

3. 4 way switch...what sound are you trying to get with the 4th setting?

4. Strap locks. Never bothered myself. I have one strap per guitar, ergo no wear and tear. Never been a problem!

Hope that helps a little, dude.
Steve
Quote by Steven Fullman
4 way switch...what sound are you trying to get with the 4th setting?

Im thinking the bridge and neck in paralell in position 1 (nearest neck) then the other 3 positions as standard
Quote by deadringer13
Im thinking the bridge and neck in paralell in position 1 (nearest neck) then the other 3 positions as standard

Ah, right...the jam-a-matchstick "in between" sound. Nice.

Can't recommend any particular switches, since I've never used one on a Tele.

Anyone else care to chime in...this sounds like a mighty fine guitar here!

Steve
Quote by Steven Fullman
Ah, right...the jam-a-matchstick "in between" sound. Nice.

Can't recommend any particular switches, since I've never used one on a Tele.

Anyone else care to chime in...this sounds like a mighty fine guitar here!

Steve

Well what other sounds could I get, anything different?
You could bypass the Tone control when using the Tele bridge for an Esquire like setting. I prefer the sound of having both the volume and tone bypassed though. It's more noticeable.
Seymour Duncan has some 4-way tele diagrams. They're worth checking out.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer