I can't seem to find any in the color I want. I'd like to buy them online, but I can't find them anywhere. I looked at stewmac and didn't find what I needed. I googled it and all I can find is a bucket/can of the paint, not spray can.

Anyone know of a website I can go to, to find Acrylic Laquer in different colors?
Quote by SGlover69
I can't seem to find any in the color I want. I'd like to buy them online, but I can't find them anywhere. I looked at stewmac and didn't find what I needed. I googled it and all I can find is a bucket/can of the paint, not spray can.

Anyone know of a website I can go to, to find Acrylic Laquer in different colors?

Hi mate,

Krylon springs to mind.

http://www.krylon.com/

HTH,
Steve
US.

And I do realize the spelling mistake, I always forget the C.

Edit: Didn't wanna post again.

I checked out Krylon and I couldn't find what I needed, well I did, but I couldn't find it in blue.
Last edited by SGlover69 at Dec 26, 2008,
Yep, Krylon is a good choice, I'd buy from there myself but hey, I'm in england so i cant be bothered to pay for postage haha

[Edit] Any perticular shade of blue???
Quote by mikeyElite

Thank you very much!

If anyone can make anymore suggestions, continue to do so please, Incase I can't find what I need here.

Edit: Awesome! To all you guys, thank you very much. This helped a whole lot. =D

So True Blue, and I'll find a jet black. I also needa find a clear coat from the same brand. So would it be here?
Last edited by SGlover69 at Dec 26, 2008,
DeadRinger=Life Saver. Thank you very much sir, I'll post pics as we spray it. =D
Quote by Steven Fullman
Man, you're quick on the draw. That's twice you've beaten me to it!

Awesome effort, dude

Steve

Why thankyou, but i just happened to be there at the right time. Sorry to steal your thunder *bows head in shame*
Quote by SGlover69
DeadRinger=Life Saver. Thank you very much sir, I'll post pics as we spray it. =D

Best of luck, all the best with your project

And thankyou, I'm here to serve, seeing as UG has helped me, I'll help back
Mkay now i have a question about the spray painting.

Am I gonna NEED the can of black or will I be good without it?
Well unless your wood is black

If its prepainted you will need to sand it down, so yea, you will need the black no matter what
Wait a sec...I went to that one website you suggested and when I went to go buy it, It says that I have to buy it for my company...I'm lost, is there something I missed here?
Lemme just skim the FAQ, I'll edit post when I've found something

[Edit] Damn, sorry, looks like you need to buy through a business, I didn't know

Hmm, I dont know, My bad
Last edited by deadringer13 at Dec 26, 2008,
Damn, sorry, looks like you need to buy through a business, I didn't know

Hmm, I dont know, My bad
It's cool. I'll just have to head down to Kragen autoparts sometime soon. I saw it the other day but they didn't have enough clear cloat, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere else as well.

Thanks for the attempt.
Hahhaaaaa this thread is full of fail! Allow me to explain.

Grainger is an industrial supply company, and the SMALLEST order you can make is for a case of at least 6 cans. Further more, Krylon is NOT an option anymore, unless you buy the OLD Krylon cans with the symmetrical caps and the 12 minute drying time. The reason for this is that modern Krylon is an enamel formula, and it's generally an accepted fact that un-catalyzed enamels = Satan incarnate when it comes to re-finishing guitars.

So, unless you can find an online supplier that stocks old Krylon cans and sells them one by one, you can't buy Krylon, and you can't buy Grainger unless you set up a business account there and order in bulk.

I know these things because I have been researching this topic for a few months now, trying to find some kind of economical supplier of colored lacquer sprays. So far.....almost nothin'. Rustoleum still makes lacqure in red, black, and white, but you can get black and white anywhere.

Of course, if you want to drop $16 per can of colored lacquer, there's always ReRanch: click here to see how you can make money dissapear from your wallet.

Let me know if you dig anything up guys, cause I really need this too, I'm not trying to be a jerk for no reason or something. I'm just saying it's hard to find this junk for less than ReRanch prices, and if anyone knows of any sources I haven't found yet, PLEASE cite them!

One last thing is that I hear Dupli-Color is good, but as far as I can find they too have switched mostly over to an enamel formula, and what's left of their lacquer formula comes in colors like silver, black, grey, whtie, etc. as per their auto affiliation.

....sigh....
Well I did find some but not online.

I went to my nearest auto parts store and looked through the paints (my friend was looking for something for his car), I found a few cans that said "Acrylic Lacquer" so I got some, and I even got a clear coat of the same brand (just to be safe) I figure it may as well work. We'll find out tomorrow how well it does work.