ok, i just got a 7 string guitar, it was used and the strings on it were old and rusty. so i changed them
but i saw a few threads today about fret buzz with floyd rose systems and someone stated that you have to take the strings out 1 at a time, which i did not know, and did not do. so now i realize where the fret buzz is coming from.
so my question is, how can i remedy this problem, and will this cause any damage to my floyd rose system and the guitar.
and if anyone has a link on how to install a floydrose (preferably on this site) can they please post it. thnx
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
You can take all the strings off and its fine. This BS that you can't take all the strings off at once isn't true. Yes if you leave them off for a long time then yea you'd need to adjust the truss rod. How do you think you'd change a pickup, clean the fretboard properly and so on? I had strings off my cheap guitar for 2 weeks almost. Strung it up and it was exactly the same as before and I'm picky. The neck isn't that sensitive don't worry. If this were true then doing dive bombs would be considered bad. Anyways did you change string gauges? maybe the guitar is in a different environment and the neck needs adjusting. Could be several reasons. Did you play it with the rusty strings to know there was no fret buzz beforehand? and how bad is the buzz? almost all electrics will give you a slight buzz.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
well its buzz when its not blugged in, i cannot hear it when its hooked into an amp, however ive been tinkering with it and i think i have fixed it, and i also didnt put a block behind it when i did it so, that waas why i was concerned
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!