I was wondering how loud a Vox AC15 can get and stay clean? Could you gig with the volume???
So like it could stay absolutely clean and play to oh say 100-300 people? I want to just use pedals for my blues and rock crunch sounds
^No, it will have a hard time being heard over the drums clean, if you wish to stay clean get the AC30, or the Peavey Classic 30. The Classic are similar to an AC 30 but closer to the AC15 price tag, and sound really good, they are not an AC 30, but IMO is a much better sounding amp than the AC15, which isn't really a smaller AC30 its something all its own. If your wanting to stay clean and with a gigging amp the look into something around 30 watts or more.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
^No, it will have a hard time being heard over the drums clean, if you wish to stay clean get the AC30, or the Peavey Classic 30. The Classic are similar to an AC 30 but closer to the AC15 price tag, and sound really good, they are not an AC 30, but IMO is a much better sounding amp than the AC15, which isn't really a smaller AC30 its something all its own. If your wanting to stay clean and with a gigging amp the look into something around 30 watts or more.

My ****ing ass it has a hard time getting over the drums clean.

My friend was borrowing one from my other friend, and it got over the drums cleanly just fine.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
But a Peavey Classic 30 would ensure a clean tone that gets over drums even during bigger gigs with a few hundred people?
i doubt it could do 100-300 people clean without a pa. it can easily beat the drums though.
to 10
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Well I think I like the idea of a Peavey Classic 30 anyway. The cleans on it are much louder no? And the amp overdrive should be fairly usable?
Quote by Johnbryant

play before you post
It will so easily get over any drummer clean, as will any other quality amp over 10 watts
Ts buy it. Don't let people who obviously never gigged with the gear they make out to know everything about, fool you. Trust me the ac15 will have LOUD cleans. And very very good cleans too. Search the forum. This exact debate has been up I donøt konw how many times within the last month
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Last edited by chrisdam at Dec 27, 2008,
Yup i dont see why the cleans would be loud enough.

On a BJ maybe cause they brake up quicker even tough there the same wattage, but not on the AC15 the amp is damn loud, i was surprised how much room it had for cleans volume wise before breaking.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 14, 2009,