Alright, i have a Fender Squire (yeah laugh go ahead) and a Fenderfront man 15G amp.. Needles to say, it sucks.. And i want something better that will give me an overall better tone... Any suggestions for not that expencive?

Im also in the market for a good distortion pedal..any suggestions?
budget for an amp? and style of music? +1 to the TS-9. or a Bad Monkey might be good.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Genres? Nearest major city? Gigging, jammin, or home practice?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Genres? Nearest major city? Gigging, jammin, or home practice?

+1 to those questions.

Also, you need an amp, not a pedal.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I dont play in a band or anything, but i like to play metal, blues and rock. Home practice i would say, i been playing a year so im not quite comfortable going out with my stuff yet.
MicroCube, Vypyr 15 or Vox Da5, try them all and see what you think.
Im liking the look of that Vypyr 15...

Recommend to try it out in store first like guitar center or what?
Ya, definitely try it out first. Some people may think something rocks (Les Pauls for example) while other people (like me) prefer something completely different.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
GC, Samash or whatever local store you have near you. If you play mostly metal the Cube and Vypyr have a bit better gain models, if you play more blues and classic rock I say the Vox. But they are all 3 good amps for what you want to do.
Why does no one reccomend the Champion 600 and an overdrive?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Why does no one reccomend the Champion 600 and an overdrive?

Because it's really not optimal for most metal players, that would be more of a classic rock set up K with very little versatility IMO.
^^B/c it won't do metal. At all.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Dec 26, 2008,
Someone in the review said he uses it for a hardcore band.
Quote by chip46
In what review? On MF? Musicians Friend reviews usually aren't worth reading.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by lespaul#1
Someone in the review said he uses it for a hardcore band.
I use an old MG speaker as a wheel chock, that doesn't mean it's a good wheel chock. If it slips, it'll truly be "crushing".
^

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86