Pretty much look like the same guitar almost. I've heard Tokai makes near flawless LP copies and it's basically like paying for a Gibson LP but you don't have to pay oodles of extra money for the name.

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=79&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

vs

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=517110

EDIT: Either one (take note this purchase is for a DIIIISTANNNT future unless the Tokai is better overall) I'll end up switching out the pickups in them for emg's.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Dec 26, 2008,
If you're willing to spring that much for a les paul you might want the Traditional. It's cheaper than the classic and isn't chambered.

However, brands such as Agile, Tokai, Burny, etc., are well known to have quality instruments without spending all of the money on the name.

On the other hand, it would be cool to say "I have a gibby les paul custom and you don't!" :P
Quote by Pac_man0123
If you're willing to spring that much for a les paul you might want the Traditional. It's cheaper than the classic and isn't chambered.

However, brands such as Agile, Tokai, Burny, etc., are well known to have quality instruments without spending all of the money on the name.

On the other hand, it would be cool to say "I have a gibby les paul custom and you don't!" :P

Basically I'm trying to avoid spending that much on a guitar lol. At least now.

I've heard good things about Tokai. My ultimate goal is a Gibson LP Custom but when I heard I could get the SAME guitar without the name Gibson on the headstock and cheaper, I was pretty siked.

So idk what Tokai,Agile, Burny ect. to look into lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Basically I'm trying to avoid spending that much on a guitar lol. At least now.

I've heard good things about Tokai. My ultimate goal is a Gibson LP Custom but when I heard I could get the SAME guitar without the name Gibson on the headstock and cheaper, I was pretty siked.

So idk what Tokai,Agile, Burny ect. to look into lol.

Agile doesn't compare the high-end Gibbys, Tokai does. Well, the Tokais I played were comparing to $2500 + Gibsons.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Pac_man0123

I don't buy ebay

This thread serves as more of "What tokai would be equivalent to a gibson lp custom?"
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Pac_man0123
Does tokai have dealers here?

It cites that they have a NA branch. Idk if that applies to US or Canada or US and Canada.

I'm hoping US.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
^ you won't be able to get a tokai copy from a dealer in the USA, i don't think.

you could get the LS370 for a similar price to the gibson... unless it has to be a LP custom.

also, if you're in the USA, it'd probably be a lot cheaper to order from Japan than from the UK. Cut out the middle man.

navigator would be worth a look too, as would bacchus/momose, etc.

EDIT: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/navigator/nlp480ctm.html

there you go. honduran mahogany, ebony board, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?