basicly i got a new amp for xmas the randall RG50 TC and it sounded great for about an hour but then someone acidently pulled the wrong plug out of the wall while i was playing and the amp went off. I thought that cant be good for the tube amp but i fort it would be ok so i plugged it back into the wall and the amp turned on but no sound so i turned it right up to 10 and i could hear it very quiet and compressed. so i left it for about an hour thinking that it might fix itself if i just let it cool down but when I turned it back on it was the same . a day later its still the same so im gona send it back and say it came like that. Does any one no what might of gone wrong in the amp from pulling the plug out of the mains whil playing on a brand new amp? and if it somthing i could just fix myself?

thank you.
At least you got something for christmas
And take it to a shop or something
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
At least you got something for christmas
And take it to a shop or something

Sounds like you blew a pre-amp tube, EDIT: you will need to replace it, bring it in to where it was bought, should be covered under warranty. I've done it before but that should only affect the tube if its defective or damaged, but its not recommended ether way
Last edited by Kahless at Dec 26, 2008,
Wow, I got lucky, my little brother did that to my Deluxe Reverb.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
reading other threads now sounds like could be the pre amp tubes, think i will still send it back tho and make them deal with it.
Quote by Kahless
Sounds like you blew a pre-amp tube, EDIT: you will need to replace it, bring it in to where it was bought, should be covered under warranty. I've done it before but that should only affect the tube if its defective or damaged, but its not recommended ether way

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that it was a preamp tube?
Quote by burnzy360
reading other threads now sounds like could be the pre amp tubes, think i will still send it back tho and make them deal with it.

Please check the fuse in the back of the amp first. You never know, could have gone south on you. It would be a quick fix if that's it. Just throwing that out there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Wesseem

bahaha thank you
Edit: hope you don't mind if i sig this
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Last edited by hell_monkey at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by Wesseem

Most useless response to a useless response I've EVER seen on ANY forum/article/blog.

/discussion.

Check the fuses OP.
Signatures are overrated.
Power Valves gone by the sound of it. Can't think of how that happened though. Was it up loud when it was unplugged?
Why would someone unplug it while you were playing? That is just kind of rude. I tell people NEVER to touch the amp. Throw something at me if I can't hear them screaming.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Did you plug it in w/o turning the power and standby off first when it got unplugged?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
basicly it was christmas mornin n id just had the amp for like an hour. the amp was pluged into like an extention lead thingy that like the T.V. n stuff is plugged into then my mums boyfriend pulled the extention plug out of the mains socket not realising that the amp was pluged into the extention and no the amp wasnt on loud atall realy
Quote by touji-za-nai
Did you plug it in w/o turning the power and standby off first when it got unplugged?

thinking back no i didnt he just plug it straight back in, could this be what ****ed it up?
Quote by burnzy360
basicly i got a new amp for xmas the randall RG50 TC and it sounded great for about an hour but then someone acidently pulled the wrong plug out of the wall while i was playing and the amp went off. I thought that cant be good for the tube amp but i fort it would be ok so i plugged it back into the wall and the amp turned on but no sound so i turned it right up to 10 and i could hear it very quiet and compressed. so i left it for about an hour thinking that it might fix itself if i just let it cool down but when I turned it back on it was the same . a day later its still the same so im gona send it back and say it came like that. Does any one no what might of gone wrong in the amp from pulling the plug out of the mains whil playing on a brand new amp? and if it somthing i could just fix myself?

thank you.

It seems you didn't let the tubes warm up and you cranked it, therefore you f'd up the tubes
I leik music
Quote by col50
It seems you didn't let the tubes warm up and you cranked it, therefore you f'd up the tubes

no it was making no sound for about ten minutes befor i turned it up to ten to hear anything atall. I did it gradualy.
This happened to me once, although it was on a Solid State Amp I rented. (It was Marshall MG).

Not really sure what's wrong with it but wherever you bought the amp, there must be some kind of warranty if the amp broke down in like 2 days of the purchase. (Don't tell them you plugged it out, just say it stopped working.)

Also, always use Power Surge Protector with your amp to protect your amp.

GL man
It's far more likely to be a fuse, it won't be the fuse in the plug though, it'll be the surge protection fuse on the amp itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've had a similar problem with my AC30 - I flicked a few switches until I got to the FX loop bypass - switching it on then off again solved the problem. Guess its a random solution to a random problem, but worth a shot
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
well iv checked the fuse just by looking at it coz it a see-thru one when i pulled it out n it looked fine also it does turn on so i dont think it is that. an what is a power surge protecter and what does it do exactyly i kind of have an idea but still...
and bout the flicking swetches thing i dont think that would help but was it switches on the front of the amp or actuly inside?
thanks
Quote by kurtlives91
How on earth did you come to the conclusion that it was a preamp tube?

Yeah I re read that now and realized I made a mistake.
well iv just realised that when you turn it on one of the smaller tubes does not light up so i think that one is bust? if it is anyone no wat would be a good tube to replace it with that is availabe in the UK and is not like mega mega expencive thought i may aswel fix it myself instead of sending it back, but i dont no how wat i did could of bust that tube unlest it was faulty, but anyway thanks any advise for wat tube?
Quote by burnzy360
well iv just realised that when you turn it on one of the smaller tubes does not light up so i think that one is bust? if it is anyone no wat would be a good tube to replace it with that is availabe in the UK and is not like mega mega expencive thought i may aswel fix it myself instead of sending it back, but i dont no how wat i did could of bust that tube unlest it was faulty, but anyway thanks any advise for wat tube?

lol, it turns out the problem was a preamp tube, even though it seemed ridiculous. well, your probably gonna need some variation of a 12AX7 tube, if im not wrong. the tubes stickies says how the different brands of tubes sound, so be sure to check that out. if i were you though, and if the warranty hasnt expired, i would send that thing back instead of dishing out money on replacements for tubes in a brand new amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.