What all should I know about them? I only really plan on using it for my Xbox 360 at the moment, so what will I need for that?

What about resolutions, the whole "1080p" thing, the widescreen rations, and general stuff that I should know?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
It looks fantastic. I spent like 3 mins on Gears 1 when I first got my 19" 1080p HDTV, just staring into the sky and looking at the quality. I was lost.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
You don't want huge but you don't want tiny either, 32" seems to be pretty common. As for 1080p/i technically 'p' is better but you won't notice much difference with 'i' for gaming.
I'm in your forum distracting your searches.
Just so you know, 'p' is for pixels, 'i' is for interlaced.
LARGE TEXT
22" Is what I was going to get, because I don't want a huger tele. Does brand matter, or should they be all the same?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by Holy.
Just so you know, 'p' is for pixels, 'i' is for interlaced.

errrrr 'p' is for 'progressive', isn't it?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
If you can get a deal on a 1080p tv get it, but dont feel bad settling with a 720p or 1080i, the difference isnt huge, its more what brand and type you get. For instance, sony 720p lcd tv's have looked alot better than alot of 1080p tvs of other brands. just get what looks good to you, and even bring your xbox to the story to try it out, they dont mind if you are actually serious about buying.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

Yep ^
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

*feels stupid*

Yes, yeah, that's what I meant.
LARGE TEXT
This is why I love UG. They are good for everything.

if you really only need to use your xbox, you don't need 1080p, the 360 only does up to 720p. But if you want a Blu-ray player or something later, you might want a 1080p, but you probably won't notice a difference if you are only buying a 22". Brand does matter most of the time, the best way is to go to best buy or whatever and look at the TVs. look for what you think is good looking color, look for dark blacks (some will look gray where they should look black, this is called contrast ratio, high ratio means better, like 8000:1) no blurring with fast movement. that last one can be important with video games.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by ironman45
if you really only need to use your xbox, you don't need 1080p, the 360 only does up to 720p. But if you want a Blu-ray player or something later, you might want a 1080p, but you probably won't notice a difference if you are only buying a 22". Brand does matter most of the time, the best way is to go to best buy or whatever and look at the TVs. look for what you think is good looking color, look for dark blacks (some will look gray where they should look black, this is called contrast ratio, high ratio means better, like 8000:1) no blurring with fast movement. that last one can be important with video games.

I'm going 22" because its going in my room and I don't really have the space for it =)

I plan on getting a blu ray player later on, but for a few months it will be 360 only.

DO they even make 1080p in anything smaller than a 42"? All I saw were verylarge (and expensive) 1080p televisons and some 32 and less 720p. So my question is would the 720p on the smaller screen be worse than 1080p?

And how about this: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&XID=O:kdl-32l4000:dg_ggldf&productId=8198552921665370677

Panasonic has a 32 inch 1080p tv, which is REALLY nice (I own one). I got it about 6 months ago for about 1000 bucks canadian.

And look at Gurgle!Argh!'s guide for the screen sizes.

Sony's aren't that nice anyway.
Quote by Freddedonna
Panasonic has a 32 inch 1080p tv, which is REALLY nice (I own one). I got it about 6 months ago for about 1000 bucks canadian.

And look at Gurgle!Argh!'s guide for the screen sizes.

Sony's aren't that nice anyway.

1000 Canadian is more than 1000 American, and I don't have close to that much. 600 would really be the most I could spend.