I've heard that distortion pedals don't work to well with SS amps, on the dirty channel. Does that also apply to tube amps? I'm thinking about getting the Peavy Windsor 100w tube will that sound good with a distortion pedal? Becasue it's hard to get a clean sound out of the is amp.
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
75w Line 6 Spider lll Amp
Epiphone Les Paul (SH-4 JB Bridge, SH-2 Neck)
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
So, no one has this amp and has used a distortion pedal on it?
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
I am pretty sure you are suppose to use the distortion pedal on the clean channel, not the overdrive/distortion channel.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
what i was saying is that with this amp, that even on the clean channel there is still crunch, so would dist. pedal still sound good?
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
i don't know about distortion pedals but it's pretty common knowledge that overdrive pedals sound great with overdriven tube amps, so you could always use an OD pedal. As for distortion pedals, they would probably have the same effect as a really over-the-top overdrive, so I don't think it would sound bad. Just experiment and see if it works. If not, you could always get a really powerful overdrive pedal.
They work well with both. However they have a deeper crunch on a Tube. No comparison.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0