Alright as you know i need a new tube amp. I play modern hard rock, some soft rock and some alternative metal.Here are the following limitations:

-It needs to have good distortion

-It needs to clean up nice

-The speaker/s have to be 12" no smaller

-I would like it to have more than one channel although it doesnt have to.

-I have a $500 budget

-I can go with combo or halfstack.

other info:

-I have a 1992 Gibson les paul studio with maple top

-I use DR strings

and remember I read and value everyone's opinion, thanks for posting.
Sounds like a valveking would be up your alley, maybe a used one and have enough money left for a speaker swap?

The B-52 AT112 just underwent a massive price drop as well, im not sure for how long though. You could try one of them.

Crate is another possibility as well. The palamino series seems quite nice.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Wrong forum, **reported** again.

seriously? woooww who cares
Quote by Pac_man0123
Sounds like a valveking would be up your alley, maybe a used one and have enough money left for a speaker swap?

The B-52 AT112 just underwent a massive price drop as well, im not sure for how long though. You could try one of them.

Crate is another possibility as well. The palamino series seems quite nice.

I've heard really bad things about the valve king, that it cant do anything right.
Quote by son of anarchy
I've heard really bad things about the valve king, that it cant do anything right.

You sir, heard wrong

That thing isnt THE best, but it is FAR from the worst. Its still awesome as hell. 8/10. But like mention, get a speaker swap. Maybe some Celestion V30's, or Eminence. Thats what im gonna do to mine
Quote by SMB13
You sir, heard wrong

That thing isnt THE best, but it is FAR from the worst. Its still awesome as hell. 8/10. But like mention, get a speaker swap. Maybe some Celestion V30's, or Eminence. Thats what im gonna do to mine

so the main problem is the speaker in it?

how much would a celestion cost?
Quote by son of anarchy
so the main problem is the speaker in it?

how much would a celestion cost?

The stock speaker is just meh.

A new V30 is $145. I'm sure you needed me to take 20 seconds online to figure that out for you.
Anarchy, look into Eminence and Warehouse Guitar Speakers. They're much cheaper than celestion and equally good.
Eminence can be found at most music sites, Warehouse is at http://warehousespeakers.com/
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
peavey classic 30 is a great amp in your price range too
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Used Traynor YCV50 Blue, Classic 30 or VK. Pretty much in that order.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^Pretty much what I was thinking, except add the B-52 AT-112 to that list.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
ValveKing is not bad, but it's more of a cheap first tube amp... That's not saying it's bad, but there ARE better on the market, such as the Peavey classic of course and there's also the Laney VC30.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Wrong forum, **reported** again.

How is this in the wrong forum? This forum is for amps and pedals, this topic is about an amp.
Yeah!
I think he reported you when it was in EG. I believe a mod moved it to GG&A or maybe you did? Either way - it's in the right place. And.... free bump...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Racer X
seriously? woooww who cares

why the hell dont you people get it? posting in the correct forum gets more replies and better replies. reporting a thread so it a mod can move it to the correct place is the correct thing to do. we have sections for a reason, and things need to go in the right place. please get that through your thick skulls.