So I have an EMG 81 in my bridge,
and I'm looking for a really warm jazzy tone to go in my neck,
But would having a passive pickup, AND an active pickup
screw things up?

The EMG also isn't supposed to be grounded, but the passive is.
That'll cause problems won't it?

If it won't work, any suggestions for the absolute jazziest warm tone
you can get out of any active/EMG?
blackouts are known to not totally butcher cleans like emgs do. 'fraid i cant help with the active+passive problem tho.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
it's not that terrible IMHO, you'll just have two VERY different tones coming out of your guitar, and mixing the two would probably sound awful (as in middle position).

you're really not going to find warmth in active pickups. grounding, however, won't be an issue at all if I understand the electronics involved.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
give me your emg and get two passives
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Quote by cds+stereo=life
it's not that terrible IMHO, you'll just have two VERY different tones coming out of your guitar, and mixing the two would probably sound awful (as in middle position).

you're really not going to find warmth in active pickups. grounding, however, won't be an issue at all if I understand the electronics involved.

Yeah, I wouldn't solder the middle position on the Gib-style pickup selector
So if I left the ground wire taped off like I have it at the moment it'll be fine?

It makes me wonder what pickups dudes like Paul Waggoner from Between the Buried and Me use, because they have totally opposite tones being used in their songs.