hey guys, looking for something good to get. Preferably better than worse. oh, and please, please, please don't give me generic "cute" indie pop stuff like mates of state or hoosiers
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I got Animal Collective's "Here Comes the Indian" last night, you should too. The quality of the music will make up for the fact that it's a 7 song album and costs $9.99.

Also get some ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail Of Dead.
I loled at your mention of Hoosiers. They were my ex-gf's favorite band. I thought they sucked.

As far as 2008 music goes, I'd get Nouns by No Age or Microcastle.
if you're not already into okkervil river, check them out. black sheep boy, specifically.
Tiger and The Duke or The Ocean and The Sun by The Sound of Animals Fighting.
Quote by Cammeh
I'd sell this card, and go buy the real albums
But seriously, idk.

lol if I like them enough, I'll buy the CDs
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Quote by Bmm386
Videohippos. They're like shoegazers having a good time.

I just heard them recently they were cool. Worth checking out.

If you want some cool orchestrated classic pop music go with Parenthetical Girls' Entanglements. Great album. In my top 3 of 2008.

Other bands to check out:
Jana Hunter
BARR
Why?
Animal Collective's newest album, out soon
My Bloody Valentine
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I just heard them recently they were cool. Worth checking out.

If you want some cool orchestrated classic pop music go with Parenthetical Girls' Entanglements. Great album. In my top 3 of 2008.

Other bands to check out:
Jana Hunter
BARR
Why?
Animal Collective's newest album, out soon
My Bloody Valentine

I'm a fan of MBV and Animal Collective (more or less), but which Why? album do you think I should get after Apolecia?
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
^It depends, if you like the sound they have on Alopecia, go with Elephant Eyelash. If you're into experimental hip-hop, listen to the stuff from when it was a one man project consisting of only Yoni.
Elephant Eyelash is amazing, but so is Oaklandazulasylum. i would get EE first though.

maybe check out Grouper. her newest album, Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill, was really great.
Quote by somewhat_here
gang gang dance - saint dymphna is quite good.

actually I've been looking for something else by them. Do you have the album they did with Harmony Korine, SSAB songs?

edit: I ask because it's out of print
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
no, unfortunately 'saint' is the only album of theirs i've heard. i heard a cranium album once; quickly got rid of that. yeah, i'm no help.
Quote by bah humbug
actually I've been looking for something else by them. Do you have the album they did with Harmony Korine, SSAB songs?

edit: I ask because it's out of print

God's Money seems to be pretty quality from the 2 or 3 times i've listened to it.
Get Sebadoh or the Jesus Lizard.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Nouns - No Age
For Emma, Forever Ago - Bon Iver
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Saturdays = Youth - M83