So...Me and my friends wanted to start a band. We have two guitars, a singer and a bassist. NO drummer. So we decided i would buy the drums and we would stick with just one guitarist. i kno a guy who's selling a clean set of Rockwood drums for $275 with cymbals and everything, but are Rockwood drums any good?
Someone's standing on my chest...
When it comes to drums, the heads matter more than the set itself. So as long as it isn't a toy set, you should be alright with some decent heads. What kind of cymbals though?
They are pretty much a generic drum manufacturer. Its going to sound like garbage wherever you play it. But what are you looking to do with the band? If its just play in the garage they might be fine but any gigging is not going to work with those. I suggest you get a used entry level kit from a major manufacturer off craigslist or something like that.
I've never heard of them. The biggest question should be, if you decide to get these drums, "do they sound good." If you know the guy who is selling them, go play them and check out the sound. However, if you are thinking of switching over to drums from guitar, don't think it is going to be a walk in the park. It requires a totally different type of coordination than guitar does. Also... as i said in another forum on here already... if it is a beginner cymbal set he is selling with this kit (like Sabian B8's, Zildjian ZXTs, Meinl MCS, etc.), you will want to replace the ride cymbal and hi-hat at least with something higher end as soon as possible.
Quote by acoustic_guy7
When it comes to drums, the heads matter more than the set itself. So as long as it isn't a toy set, you should be alright with some decent heads. What kind of cymbals though?

He's right. Cymbals are where most of the cheapness comes through. Hell, the kit I bought from Target sounds good on the toms, even with the heads that came with it. But cymbals are a different story.

I've never heard of Rockwood before. Go online and see how many products they have, and look at their price range and reputation, to see what kind of brand they are.