Well, I've personally come full circle. I normally play in a alt rock band, but lately with its hiatus I have been working on solo projects. I started stoner-rock project, to a hip hop project, and now to this. I've created this riff on my guitar, and I've added vocals and bass. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. I need to know if its worth continuing. It's feels more indie-ish than anything. Criticism is all I ask for.

Thanks...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/randomhero65/
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
thanks for the crit.

this song, is pretty good start for a song , i really like harmony vocals, its pretty mellow, the harmonies are good but the lyrics dont seem to fit exactly. The mix of the song isn't very good, but its ok for just a demo. it would be worth continuing with if you have a really good chorus to round it out, bc that riff is decent but keeps on leading... and needs a nice chorus. But its a good idea, and i say its worth doing more on.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
thanks for the crit.

this song, is pretty good start for a song , i really like harmony vocals, its pretty mellow, the harmonies are good but the lyrics dont seem to fit exactly. The mix of the song isn't very good, but its ok for just a demo. it would be worth continuing with if you have a really good chorus to round it out, bc that riff is decent but keeps on leading... and needs a nice chorus. But its a good idea, and i say its worth doing more on.

Thanks for the insight! This was a spur of the moment. One of those gotta work fast to catch lightning in a bottle times. I was worried I would lose the vocal ideas I had for it. What about the mix didn't you like because I'd like to know. I'm more of a bassist so maybe my bass is a bit too loud. I'm hoping on making better sounding stuff out of this set up I have. Thanks again!

Please more insight, peeps!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Bass and guitar levels are fine.
I would add some chorus and reverb to the guitar or another guitar. As of right now it sounds rather harsh and empty.

Vocals are a bit weak. Shaky. I do however like that you are trying the harmony parts. This adds alot to the song. You just sound like your voice is going to crack or cut out at points.

I would also add some drums in. Maybe not at this point as I realise it isnt the whole song, however, at some point you should bring in some jazz brush playing.

Not sure where the song is going, but it feels to me like its going to rip open into some hardcore after a bit. IDK.
Good luck with this,
-Ryan
woot for harmonies! they totally make this clip for me dude. cool.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.