Complete beginner question but I want to tune my guitar to C standard and my tuner asks for the key it needs to be in and im not sure which to put.

help?
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Need more details man. Is there an auto-tuner(recognize the note you play) or a chromatic-tuner(where you can put the any specific note and tune to it) function?
it can be used for both but I usually use the chromatic setting. it has different keys it could be in but I dont know which to put it on, its a Seiko tuner incase you needed to know
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Hmmm...
Do mean a single note or a scale by "key"?

If you mean a single note then, put each open string note that you want to tune and tune that specific string to that note, and so on for the other strings too.
a single note, at the top it says, key and you set which key it should be in *which I dont know* and at the bottom it has the note.
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Okay, now you want to tune the guitar to Open C?
Open string notes in order are "C G C E G C" from 6-1 strings.

Put C as the key and tune your 6th(thickest string), 4th and 1st to that key.

Put G as the key and tune the 5th and 2nd string to it.

Now put E and tune the 3rd string to it.

*Make sure that you'll have to lower the tuning for 1,2,4,5,6 except for the 3rd string or you'll break your strings.
Last edited by YA89 at Dec 27, 2008,
wooo, gotcha man, thanks for the help
dunno what was going on in my head O.o
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah