Well I got my guitar back from the shop and its was in perfect tuning but has since fallen out of tune. I am going for Eb tuning keep in mind I have a trem . So this is what I have 6 being the lowest and 1 being the highest.

6-Eb
5-G#
4-C#
3-F#
2- Bb
1- Eb

So basically strings 6, 2, and 1 are correct but I need help on the other strings do I go down or up on each for those who dont know Eb tuning is standard but with the strings tuned to the flats instead of the actual notes. I am using a Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner and it tells me the nearest note I can set the hertz though I believe.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
It is as you said, all tones are the same as standard, just flat. So tune all strings half a note down.
If you're lazy: D#G#C#F#A#D# from low to high.
My question is which way do I need to go up or down with the ones that arent in tune?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Get your guitar in standard E. Then using your tuner tune a half step down on each string.
fail thread is fail.
Use the 5th fret method. (4th for b string)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Well, the tones are correct on all the strings. Just make them go to the middle of the tone on your korg.
no thats correct the notes are called inharmonics where
G#=Ab
A#=Bb
C#=Db
D#=Eb
F#=Gb

i beleive i got that right
I understand but do I go up from G# to Ab or down etc cause the tuner only tells me the nearest note to the one I have so I need to know which way to go lol Im sorry if it feels like im going in circles.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I understand but do I go up from G# to Ab or down etc cause the tuner only tells me the nearest note to the one I have so I need to know which way to go lol Im sorry if it feels like im going in circles.

Ah I see your problem :p G# and Ab are the same note. Don't ask, just accept it xD

EDIT: That goes for Bb-A#, Db-C#, and others as well of course.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by anubiz03
Ah I see your problem :p G# and Ab are the same note. Don't ask, just accept it xD

Well I thought my strings might be sharp cause my trem is pulling up slightly so im wondering if I tune to those notes if it will fix it.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well I thought my strings might be sharp cause my trem is pulling up slightly so im wondering if I tune to those notes if it will fix it.

That should be easily detectable (and fixable) with your korg :/
Quote by anubiz03
That should be easily detectable (and fixable) with your korg :/

Yeah so how do I get those exact notes as Im hoping this will fix my issue
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah so how do I get those exact notes as Im hoping this will fix my issue

If the arrow is to the right of the middle, tune downwards, if the arrow is left of the middle, tune upwards. Dunno if that answers your question, didn't quite get it.
your tuner wont read the Ab Db Gb out as flats they will be read out as sharps on that particular tuner
you have been playing guitar for 2 years and your new at tuning. i wonder what our playing sounds like
Quote by porker117
you have been playing guitar for 2 years and your new at tuning. i wonder what our playing sounds like

I know how to tune just not which direction to go but im gonna ask if my trem is supposed to be leaning a bit like that on tuesday cause im not sure.

But then why do my 3 of them read as flats?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
ABCDEFG #,b ABCDEFG
G# is a step closer to A and Ab is a step back to G so they meet in the same spot meaning they are the exact same note
Quote by Lethal Dosage
But then why do my 3 of them read as flats?

because there is no E# or B#

it goes A, A#/Bb, B, C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab
Quote by porker117
because there is no E# or B#

it goes A, A#/Bb, B, C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab

ha ha I feel like a dumbass now but thanks everyone
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112