Yeah, I used the search bar, and there are plenty of threads on this but they are all dead. So I figured I would throw one up cause I'm really bored, but staying on topic some of my favorite bands are The Mars Volta, Protest The Hero, Opeth, Between The Buried and Me. So toss me some bands and I'll go download some stuff

PS: I already have I Cum Blood : /
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Listen to some Clutch. Nothing like any of the bands you mentioned, but they're fantastic.

3 Inches of Blood might tickle your fancy, as might Annihilator.
Got any stuff by Death? If not, grab some songs off The Sound of Perseverance or Symbolic.

That's my input for now.
Member of the Laney Cult
cannibal corpse
behemoth
children of bodom
in flames
static x
venom
slayer
otep
arch enemy
divine heresy
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Awesome keep em, coming. I downloaded some Annihilator and 3 Inches of Blood, I like both of them. Cynic is fantastic, I can't believe I didn't have anything by them. And I enjoyed the Banana Phone song :P
Quote by bradulator
check out the naked brothers band, but make sure to bump that **** cus the only way u can enjoy them is listening to them loud
Quote by jdmurrayz
Awesome keep em, coming. I downloaded some Annihilator and 3 Inches of Blood, I like both of them. Cynic is fantastic, I can't believe I didn't have anything by them. And I enjoyed the Banana Phone song :P

Also try Atheist. They're a little more "Technical" than "Progressive" but amazing nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtdhgoGCh2Y
Rush.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
check out the naked brothers band, but make sure to bump that **** cus the only way u can enjoy them is listening to them loud

I'm more of a Blackout Band, fan myself.

I JUSSSSS WANNNA PLAY VIDDEO GAMMMES
Quote by bradulator
Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, Pantera, Metallica, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Slayer, Cream, Eric Clapton, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Damageplan, Dio, Godsmack, Guns n roses, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Primus, Rage Against The Machine, Rebel Meets Rebel, Warrant, Skid Row, Van Halen, Dethklok, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Band, Machine Head
Expand your tastes. Vastly.
Gorillaz.
Deltron Zero.
Immortal Technique.
Search em, fool!
Sonic Youth is a lot like The Mars Volta in terms of "noise art".
It's kind of like grundge clashing into Mars Volta, and they're pretty amazing.

I suggest "Jam Runs Free" "Death Valley 69" "The Diamond Sea" "Bull in The Heather" "Schizophrenia" and "Unmade Bed"
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by na10tbolt
At the Drive-in, maudlin of the Well, Baroness, The Human Abstract, The Fall of Troy, Dying Fetus, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Iwrestledabearonce, Necrophagist

Beat me to it.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Cool thanks guys, I'm gunna head out for the night. Thanks for all the recommendations and such.
Quote by bradulator