Poll: mve surgery or gig
Poll Options
View poll results: mve surgery or gig
you should care more about your body then music!
19 39%
music before anything
30 61%
Voters: 49.
my band is just starting to book more shows, get more money and play new venues in sacramento. im ****ing exited because even our bad shows are good. people like the music.

well i learn today that i have a serious surgery scheduled the day of a milestone concert. my knees have been ****ed up for as long as i can remember, and ive pretty much adapted to it. the concert is at the boardwalk in sac, lots of famous bands have played there.
this surgery is apparently going to take "at least 4-6 months and a lot physical therapy to heal" and will be extremely painful during the process of healing. 4-6 months of PAIN. ill stock up on Vicadin. what would you do? would you cancel the concert? or move the surgery?

tl,dr: big surgery on day of concert, should i kill the concert or move the surgery? its an important concert. but its also a very important surgery.
Move the surgery.

Or man up and do both.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
If the surgery can be moved one or two days, do it. If it can't, health is more important than playing concerts
Last edited by anubiz03 at Dec 27, 2008,
Tell of the surgery at the show
you'll get points..
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
You'll be able to pay medical expenses when you're rich and famous. Play the show
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by lordofthefood1
Tell of the surgery at the show
you'll get points..

indeed. it's all about the points
Try to move the gig first. I mean what good is an amazing oppurtunity if months from now your knees have let out and you're too crippled to enjoy it?
If it's completely impossible, talk to the doctor about either moving the surgery, or as if there is any way that you'll be coherent enough to play afterwards.

It's a tough decision but remember, with every door that closes, two more open.
If you miss the gig for whatever reason, just know that everything happens for a reason.
Ever see that movie the Butterfly Effect?
Silly, yes, I know, but try to use that mentality to rationalize yourself out of being bummed out over the gig.

And good luck
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Go for the music.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
you can move the surgery. just deal with the pain. a couple weeks wont be the end of your knees.
Quote by anubiz03
If the surgery can be moved one or two days, do it. If it can't, health is more important than playing concerts

This.

Quote by crypticslaughtr
get the surgery done while you play the show. man im a genious.

Or that.
Quote by anubiz03

that pretty much is what i wanted to say.

health is definitely more important, but if you can move the surgery without any serious problems, then try doing that.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
get the surgery done while you play the show. man im a genious.

dude ill be all drugged up...

more than usual even!
I'm 45mins from Sacramento man, I go there often, is the show in old town sac?

You must delay the surgery and tell the fans "ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR MUSIC!"

Anyway PM me with the date and time and everything and I'll be there.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Music. If you play well, people will remember you longer than your legs last.
🙈 🙉 🙊