When i was trying to tune my floating bridge this wire broke while i was trying to move it to make room for the screw driver, now i don't know what this wire does or what it changes will be made to my guitar now that it's broke, any help?

ask the company
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Solder it back on? (assuming it was soldered)
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
That looks like the grounding wire (anyone else have that idea?). They're often soldered to the vibrato spring arms on the back of the guitar. Just restrip the wire and resolder it back to the claw shaped metal.
Looks like the ground wire.
Cuts the noise/hum that the guitar produces.
Get it soldered or your guitar may explode.
That is the ground wire.
Solder it back on, or just wrap it tight so it's making good contact.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Just get a cheapo solder pen and some solder. Put it back in the exact same spot
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Thanks guys but the thing is, the black wire doesn't have any wires coming out of it and the solder that it was ripped from doesn't either. Do i just solder back the black wire onto the previous old solder?

Oh yeah is there any type of soldering iron and solder i need to buy specificly?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry for the huge picture.
The black stuff on the wire is plastic insulation, you'll need to strip it off in order to re-solder it. You could carefully carve off about 5mm of the plastic with a sharp knife. You'll want a soldering iron that's fairly powerful, around 65 watts is usually ok. Any kind of standard electrical solder should work for you.
yeah...just do what Waylanderau said, its a grounding wire, sauder about 1cm or so from the tip with a knife, but be really careful not to cut too much or cut yourself for that matter, then sauder it back on....you can take it to a guitar techie and have him or her do it for you.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Thanks guys but when i strip the wire, where should i solder it onto? The old previous solder that it was ripped from or the other broken peice of wire attached to it?
Just solder it anywhere that is metal-ish in there *points at gigantic pieces all over the place*
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
i would get a 35W iron. places like radio shack sell soldering iron kits, complete with everything you need, for about $12.

but other than that, and to make it sound more simple for you,
yes, just stick it to that metal plate with solder.

you need the wire to touch the metal, this prevents humming noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011