^There's an edit button fella.

TS, sorry I can't help you, I really don't know a thing about electronics but you can save and get a noise gate pedal, it's a good investment
A noise gate doesnt solve all noise problems. Could be your cables, could shielding in your guitar. Could be the amp. Or could be as simple as some adjustments to your gain, EQ, guitar volume and any pedals your running. Could even be lights or computers in the room. My amp buzzed it was a bad ground in the house.
ok if theres nothing i can buy to fix it
are there any adjustments to the amp i can make?
im using an epi lp standard (humbucks) through a 20 foot monster cable into a behringer v-tone gmx210. im plugging it into a powerstrip. closest thing is an lcd tv about 10-12 feet from the amp, and theres a sofa between them
Quote by sporkman7
ok if theres nothing i can buy to fix it
are there any adjustments to the amp i can make?
im using an epi lp standard (humbucks) through a 20 foot monster cable into a behringer v-tone gmx210. im plugging it into a powerstrip. closest thing is an lcd tv about 10-12 feet from the amp, and theres a sofa between them

Do you need a 20ft cable? If not, a shorter one may cut down a bit on the noise.
Its SS and on high gain its gonna have some noise. More gain equals more noise just the way things work. On clean its probably reasonably quiet. The noise is produced inside the amp so putting a gate between the guitar and amp wont do much. The manual says one of the effects is expander or their version of noise reduction, FX mix determines the threshold. Mess with that some also check the compression settings as compression can boost noise in the signal.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its SS and on high gain its gonna have some noise. More gain equals more noise just the way things work. On clean its probably reasonably quiet. The noise is produced inside the amp so putting a gate between the guitar and amp wont do much. The manual says one of the effects is expander or their version of noise reduction, FX mix determines the threshold. Mess with that some also check the compression settings as compression can boost noise in the signal.

oh ho thanks man!
there is an effect on the amp for that
ive been using the noise gate with the digitech rp250 up till now, and the effect on the amp works even better!
only problem is now i cant use any of the other amp effects, but i can just buy a footswitch for that
thanks!