Okay, so I'm getting ready to mod the crap out of my squire and 'm looking for parts. I came across guitarfetish.com. All the parts are extemely cheap, so I was wondering, are they legit? Are the GFS pups worth a ****?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Yes, they are worth a ****. I pretty much only buy from guitarfetish, they offer quality products at reasonable prices. Oh yeah, I've already mentioned this in a thread earlier today, but if you're modding a strat I highly recomend the 7-sound mod, I do this to any three pickup guitar that comes into my possesion. GFS has a kit for just such a thing, http://store.guitarfetish.com/swiki.html but you can buy the same parts, except for the pots, at radioshack and it's much cheaper...here's an article that explains the whole thing http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Oct/The_Seven_Sound_Stratocaster.aspx
Last edited by david_highland at Dec 27, 2008,
Cool, thanks. I'm gonna order some parts when I get a little money and tear into this SOB.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

I've heard some of their single coils are quite good (the JH reverse pickups), some of their humbuckers as well but you have to sift through it, apparently some of it is a lot of junk. I've played a guitar with one of their PAF style pickups, they're not too bad, don't expect anything amazing, but I honestly would not say that it is far off from a Duncan or Dimarzio. The descriptions on his site are complete exaggerations though. But regardless, they're so cheap it can't hurt to give it a try.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 27, 2008,
Yeah, I've got a Duncan JB Jr in my strat now, but it doesn't sound that great. I'm going to replace the hardware to see if that's the source of the problem, then go from there. Oh, and I'm glad the Jimi pickups are good, because that's what I want to replace the singles with.

Man, when I move from amps to modding I sound like a complete noob
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75