View poll results: raybans?
like em
42 48%
hate em
12 14%
go to sleep...
34 39%
Voters: 88.
well..its 3:30 in good ol baltimore maryland, i just got home from a party and i cant sleep. so i decided to pose this question to the pit. how does the pit feel about the ray-ban sunglasses trend. personally, i used to hate them but now i like em.
Trend? In what way is there a sudden Ray-Ban trend? Did they ever go away?
maybe its a maryland thing..but it seems as though the whole flanel and rayban skater thing has caught on...
Funny, I just bought some today, but the $10 ones. They are pretty good with the real (fake) BL lenses. Lots of them in this country.
It's the middle of winter anyway. Unless you're in Australia or something anyone wearing sunglasses is a dick.
Quote by smb
It's the middle of winter anyway. Unless you're in Australia or something anyone wearing sunglasses is a dick.

contrary to popular belief, sun still exists in the winter...
If you're referring to the Wayfarers, then it depends on who's wearing it. Usually it's the hipster kids with them on, and while I think it looks alright, I think I don't like it mostly because the hipster kids are wearing them. I'm fine with Audrey Hepburn wearing them though.
I don't care actually....
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by HIM%(^
Only through the grace of Ra.
Quote by HIM%(^

I don't know what ray-bans are but if they are those cheap glasses that some girls wear to cover up 3/4 of their face and look like they have bug eyes then I dislike them.
I wear 'em. (Presuming it's these you're referring to)

I don't see it as a sudden trend. But I prefer the design over other glasses.
The Blues Brothers wear them, ergo they're bitchin'!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I used to have a pair (of the old school black framed ones) I think aviators are ugly as hell though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by smb

Actually, over here the sun is so low in the middle of the day, it makes driving without shades impossible if you're facing the sun. It's even brighter when there's snow.
Go to sleep. Stay there.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by CaptainRon
I hate those shades with the white frames every tool is wearing.

Dunno about white frames, but lots of people here are wearing these:

XIAOXI
I have a pair of polarized Ray bans and I think they're overrated quite frankly.

Their lens do not even begin to compare to brands like Maui Jim and Costa Del Mar which are in the same price range. That's all I really care about along with conservative design.

If you're talking about the wayfarer style sunglasses, I think they're horrible.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by Abunai X

You live in Sweden?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Wayfarers are cool, despite the hoards of people who have picked them up in my area recently. It shouldn't matter, but to me it does. 90% of the people I know that wear Aviators are tools, so I judge them.

Ts, do you mean to be talking about a specific style of Raybans? Because it's like asking what we think of Sony....or Disney Movies. Ray bans have pretty much always been popular, so I just assumed you were talking about wayfarers, which have gone through that insane spike in popularity that comes up every 10 years or so.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Dec 27, 2008,
i got a pair in mexico for 10$. they obviously weren't real. they bent the day i got them.

i thinks its stupid and pointless to pay that much for sunglasses
dude, my little brother virtually owns the internet industry of ray bans sunglasses, little tycoon he is, all the while i have just about no money whatsoever. i am considering killing him and taking his identity. sound like a fair enough plan?
One time we were at this party and i picked up a pair of aviators and put `em on, just mucking round, and people said they looked good, so I just walked of with `em.

I still wear them, a lot lol.
Quote by Abunai X

i swear those things give me strong urges to punch the nearest infant in the facial region
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Something tells me you mean aviators and not all Ray Bans.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino
Something tells me you mean aviators and not all Ray Bans.

yeah, those aren't even what ray-ban is famous for most people I know think of Wayfarers if you mention Ray-Ban.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have a black ray ban wayfarer that i bought for $60 at a loehmaans' during sale.

i love em<3