So I bought a squire a few weeks ago. It plays really good except when i go past the 7th fret. I know its a squire and there sometimes not made very well but I was wondering if I can fix that. Im not very good when it comes to acoustics. Is it the intonation and can you set up an acoustic?
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
Probably intonation... Don't screw with it... Take it to a store and get someone who knows what they're doing to set it up for you. Good luck!
So I bought a squire a few weeks ago. It plays really good except when i go past the 7th fret.

What exactly is wrong past the 7th fret?
Well...first off...you know how they give Squier a lot of crap for their ELECTRICS? Well, you see, the name brand Fender acoustics have a really bad reputation, which means that the Squier ones are absolute crap.

Anyway, that being said, like the guy above me said, what exactly is wrong past the 7th fret? Buzzing, high action? What is it?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
It just doesn't sound like right. It sounds way out of tune when i play a power chord there
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
someone
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
It must be intonation... Unless you aren't tuning it properly... That's the only answer... The frets aren't dead up there are they?
I've played squier acoustics before. They sound pretty bad in general, but past the 7th they get really messed up. It's the guitar dude. You have two choices. A: Take the guitar to a tech and see if he (or she) can do anything about it. B: Just get a new acoustic <-- My personal recommendation. Sorry dude.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
How are frets dead? I know its in tune because everything else sounds good.
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
They are dead when they buzz/sound weak or simply do not make sound when you press the string on them... I guess this isn't the problem because you said it's out of tune. It's intonation... Just take it to get it set up at a guitar store!
ok thanks dude
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate