i have about 650 USD to spend, i play mostly metal, death metal, heavy metal usually songs that contain lots of distortion, i used to have a line 6 but i bought it used and it crapped out on me, and from what people say is that Line 6 sucks, it dosent matter if its a combo amp or a half stack, just as long as it has a bass mid and treble control, overdrive/distortion is NOT nessesary since i have a Boss Mt2 Metal Zone distortion pedal, but if it has an overdrive switch its ok, other added effects would be nice but not necessary, it'll be used for small gigs for bars around 2500 sq. ft. houseng about 180-280 people. so with that any suggestions?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
peavey valveking 212 its a lower end tube amp.
with a distortion pedal and an eq pedal you can get good stuff out of it.

i cant sleep tonight because im ready to go to guitar center tomorrow to get a tube screamer and an eq pedal for mine!!!
i was actually looking at that today but didnt know much about it.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
look into a bugera combo. from $650 usd to $700. depending which model. all tube 120watts.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
i fell in love with mine and i tried a few different amps the spider valve series, a vox i forgot which one, some fenders but they just didnt work for me so i had to go with the valveking. i cant wait to get my new pedals tomorrow to throw in front of it.

please do the world and yourself a favor and dont go get another line 6.
Quote by heretic-clown
i have about 650 USD to spend, i play mostly metal, death metal, heavy metal usually songs that contain lots of distortion, i used to have a line 6 but i bought it used and it crapped out on me, and from what people say is that Line 6 sucks, it dosent matter if its a combo amp or a half stack, just as long as it has a bass mid and treble control, overdrive/distortion is NOT nessesary since i have a Boss Mt2 Metal Zone distortion pedal, but if it has an overdrive switch its ok, other added effects would be nice but not necessary, it'll be used for small gigs for bars around 2500 sq. ft. houseng about 180-280 people. so with that any suggestions?

The Metal Zone is a horrible pedal and practically useless live due to the amount of mids it kills - if you're getting a new amp then you want one that can pretty much handle your distortion needs on its own.

Have a look at Bugera, they should do the job you want although the best use of your money would be a used Peavey 6505.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Metal Zone is a horrible pedal and practically useless live due to the amount of mids it kills - if you're getting a new amp then you want one that can pretty much handle your distortion needs on its own.

Have a look at Bugera, they should do the job you want although the best use of your money would be a used Peavey 6505.

thats strange cause the metal zone does fine....but i was told by someone that you know what your talking about lol. anyways i heard of bugera but the ones i found were around 1200.....kinda out of my reach right now, and the valve king that someone said sounded pretty nice but ill have to take a closer look at it and actually play with it at the guitar shop
ok i found one that seemed pretty good its a Peavey Valve King 112 Guitar Combo Amplifier (50 Watts, 1x12 in.) anyone have any input on this amp? and would it actaully suit what im needing?
He's quite correct, the Metal Zone is in every way a tone killer. The scooped fizzy tone doesn't cut it for live playing at all. You may want to check out Bugera or B-52 or something. Supposedly they do the metal thing pretty well.
Seriously, you'll hear the difference once you play through a decent amp...I don't know anyone who'd touch a Metal Zone in a gigging situation.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG333212

The Valveking isn't quite what you want out of the box, but stick an EQ pedal in the loop and an OD in front of it and it'll do the job.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

ok im sold....luckily i found the bugera you were showing the "333" model and the valveking, the bugera did the job REALLY well, the sound was MUCH better than any Line 6 amp i used in the past, and yeah i got home and the metal zone didnt produce the same sound that it did with the line 6...... it had a very fizzy sound...so now i guess my next question what distortion pedal would be best...and yes i bought the Bugera its sitting in my living room right now plugged in...THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!
Quote by heretic-clown
ok im sold....luckily i found the bugera you were showing the "333" model and the valveking, the bugera did the job REALLY well, the sound was MUCH better than any Line 6 amp i used in the past, and yeah i got home and the metal zone didnt produce the same sound that it did with the line 6...... it had a very fizzy sound...so now i guess my next question what distortion pedal would be best...and yes i bought the Bugera its sitting in my living room right now plugged in...THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!

Stand in front of it, crank it then wallop a low E chord...your balls will drop a foot.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc