Lately I've been receiving a bunch of complaints from my contacts on MSN saying that I am sending them spams and other phishing links. I know I recieved some of those about a year ago, and it was quite annoying, but it eventually stopped.
My question is: is there a way to prevent my friends from getting these links without either canceling my MSN account or my friends blocking me?
Thanks for your help! ::type
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
a virus has hijacked your MSN, get decent IM software.

It doesn't seem to be the reason, because aven when using PidGin (an other IM software under Linux), my contacts still get the unwanted messages.
Another thing: it doesn't matter which computer I use for MSN, people still get those links. So it seems my MSN account has been corrupted. Any idea how to fix that?
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Quote by tickler444
It doesn't seem to be the reason, because aven when using PidGin (an other IM software under Linux), my contacts still get the unwanted messages.
Another thing: it doesn't matter which computer I use for MSN, people still get those links. So it seems my MSN account has been corrupted. Any idea how to fix that?

hmm, I would e-mail MSN support and see if they have a fix (knowing them though, it isn't likely.) This kinda crap is why I never use MSN.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
hmm, I would e-mail MSN support and see if they have a fix (knowing them though, it isn't likely.) This kinda crap is why I never use MSN.

Yeah, but staying off those MSN-spread viruses isn't exactly rocket science.

Don't click any links before asking what they are.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Yeah, but staying off those MSN-spread viruses isn't exactly rocket science.

Don't click any links before asking what they are.

I'd rather just use an IM service that doesn't have that problem in the first place, what the hell is it with Microsoft and terrible security?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by tickler444

Change your password?
I've heard changing your password sometimes works but that's probably wrong.
XIAOXI
Change your password, run a virus scan (this virus is tricky to remove, I had to get Kaspersky to erradicate it from my computer), and THEN log in to msn.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.