Hey, which model is the best telecaster, am thinking about purchasing one and hear different things. Which model is the best value wise, etc.
really you cant go wrong with the standard model, but the highway one series are really good too
I've had a Fender Standard Tele for just over a year now, and i'm really happy with it.
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
I would only want a MIA, but which one is really the ONE, problem is I am abroad, a friend will have to go into guitar centre and bring it to me.
I love my 52' Reissue and the Lite Ash, the Blackout, and the American Standard Telecaster are outstanding guitars.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
American Deluxe Ash
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
52 reissue, lite ash, american standard, american ash, or an older japanese (or even MIM) one.
best? probably pre-CBS...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
best? probably pre-CBS...

LOL the truth right there! Whats your budget? and what kind of music do you play?

EDIT Sorry just saw your budget, but what kind of music do you want to play?
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Am thinking to start playing some blues, classic rock.

What does pre cbs mean?
the ones made before 1965.

can you get a custom shop model for 1500? if you want to stick to fender, that's probably the best bet, and if you can't, save slightly more so you can get a custom shop one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
pre CBS mean vintage Telecasters before Fender was sold to CBS in 1965. They say those were the best guitars Fender ever made. Trust me way out of all of our price ranges. For 1500 USD I would roll with the Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster or the Fender American Vintage Series '62 Custom Telecaster or the Fender American Deluxe Series Ash Telecaster
links to all three
1. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Vintage-52-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510062

2.http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-62-Custom-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510481

3.http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Ash-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511220

But if you want modern features, you can't go wrong with the American standards or deluxes
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
'52 reissue, hands down, if you can afford it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.