ok guys, this is a question that pops up quite often, but im lookin for a medium solo to learn(like on a scale of 1-10, around 5 or 6 :P ),
that would certainly make people say im quite ok at guitar playing,
but ugh, everywhere i look on this forum people suggest songs of Metallica or AC/DC....sorry guys but they just aren't my favourite bands.

solo played in normal tuning or 1step down, any style of music.

Thanks for taking your time for me
perhaps if you told us your favourite bands then we could make relevant suggestions?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Well..
The solo from "Killer Queen" by Queen isn't too bad, and sounds impressive if you can get the tone down.
If you like any metal or anything, Iron Maiden's solo in "Aces High" isn't too hard... well. Its decent.
Although i'm not sure why you'd just play a "solo" to show skills.. anytime I bust out Crazy Train, people seem to think i'm at least decent at guitar.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Quote by xkingd117x
Well..
Although i'm not sure why you'd just play a "solo" to show skills...

Because i cover songs like 'cold ways' from Katatonia, problem is people first of all don't like it + i hate people saying i dont got enough skills just cuz these songs aren't really hard to play....

So i decided to learn a solo to get rid of these retarded people. But just cant figure out which one i should deffinitly learn, but ima give killer queen a listen
Nice...
Well, you could just learn your pentonic scales, and improv... they're easy, trust me.
Otherwise..
There's always "Stairway to Heaven"'s solo too.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Improvise over a song. That generally gets people oohin and aahing..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
So you're trying to decide which single solo you are going to learn?

You could also just learn LOTS of solos and then pick whichever one suits your audience

Check out the list of 100 greatest guitar solos. There's lots of stuff in there for everyone.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Some cool GNR ones

Rocket Queen
Don't Damn Me (prob harder than a 5-6)
Civil War
Nightrain

Those are pretty fun ones
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Learn your pentatonics and harmonic minor and improvise over "An Autopsy" by The Faceless, people will love it.
learn the aint talking bout love riff - it impresses folk if u pull it of well

also try and learjn like the holy diver solo or some insanely popular but not over played songs solo
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
matchbook romance - monsters

some avenged sevenfold stuff, maybe seize the day?
Beer is fine.