but im down to the dimarzio breed
and the seymour duncan sh-8 invader

cant figure out between the 2

and i only have bout 65 some odd dollas

im at a stand still
or if any one knows of a better pick up thats passive
that would be more suited for metal
LET ME KNOW ASAP
a lot of people (myself included) aren't too fond of the invader.

breed would probably work if it's heavy enough for you.

what type of metal tones are you after? what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a POS behringer gmx 210 the first model
not much goin on with it,
upgrading to a randall after that
but im lookin for some humbucker edge
like u know a single coil even hot rails dont put off that edge
and some bottom end, for some chugs
im all over the radar on playin metal
anything from old school thrash
to all shall perish's new album

if there's another pedal out there thats relatively cheap
im down for that 2
but i dont wanna go active
plus
im not too sure how a hight out put humbucker would do in an alder body
which randall are you upgrading to? if you're upgrading soon, there's probably not much point in getting a pedal.

what's your budget for the pickup?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ugh , im not worried bout gettin a specific sound, imma buy a new guitar eventually
and i already have a few pedals not getting any new ones
i just want a bridge pickup that will be capable of
producing some chug chug for metal hahaha
and alil bit of lead capability

but 65 bucks is all i got for a pup
maybe something like a duncan custom? if it's hot enough, that is.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ooooohhh its a mim homie, cuz after i pop in the pup

imma put a new neck on it (dont worry bout what type, i need no help with that hahaha)

just not sure how u can make alder wood, go heavy
and i know there's a pup out there that can do it
just havent had to worry bout pups in a few years ya know
i don't think there's going to be a problem with alder wood sounding heavy. an awful lot of metal guitars are made of alder. Most jacksons, for a start. alder is pretty balanced, i don't think there'll be a problem. you just want to make sure the pickup you put in suits an alder strat (i wouldn't bother with a duncan JB or distortion, for example, either of those could end up being pretty bright and thin, though the JB sometimes randomly sounds good in alder for some reason).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so what chya think i should get dude, ??? like i need a lotta distortion, but nothing that screeches in your ear in a bad way haha , like i want to be able to chug main
and then turn around an do some sweeps in a fill ya know
thats why i figured hell the invader might be worth it
and the breed, it might be 2 hahahahah
now if u know of something better, get at me realllllll fast hahaha
but im still leanin towards SD more than any other company out there at the moment
i don't really like the invader (though it might sound as good in alder as it's going to sound anywhere)...

breed might not be hot enough, though.

i'd be tempted by the custom to be honest. i liked how it sounded in the vigier i tried it in. it's not the hottest pickup in the world, but should still handle metal if your amp is capable of metal, and would be a lot more versatile than something like an invader. up to you, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tru, your right it the breed may not be heavy enough,

now tell me bout this custom
with your gain turned up as high as you have it, you wont be able to hear the difference the wood makes. read harmony central reviews, they are pretty informative. also look up youtube videos of pickup demos by typing in the type of pickup. i was going to recommend a pearly gates, but you obviously arent interested. EMG 85 would be my recommendation though.
ive gone all over you tube and ever review site already even harmony central
but money's kinda the burden here
id get an emg if i had the doe no doubt bout it there
and ive never really been to fond of the pearly gatets
tight pickup
just i know thats not one of the ones i want
i think im just gonna put one of the PAF's with a descent out put range
or invader
im a sucka for distortion
just not for that squeel ya get when ya turn to high or get to close hahaha
but then again
sometimes that just happens hahaha
like i can get my strat to put out metal tones now
u just dont get that edge like ya do offa humbuckers with the single coils

this is my set up right now

neck-lace sensor gold
middle-stock
bridge-lace sensor burgandy

now im going to take the burgandy put it in the neck
and the gold in the middle
and make it a fat strat

normally when i jam with the band, im jammin through one of 2 amps
peavy valve king
or a POS marshall

keep in mind to
or better yet
dont haha
i use the GMX210 for practice by myself with a V-amp pedal

suprisingly enough the strat doesnt sound to bad through the vamp

just need some edge ya know?

also

65 bucks is all i got
so i cant get too wylde ya feel me?
hahaha
gotcha, forgot about your budget. let me look up something really quick...

edit: crap, was going to recommend the D-activator, but its a little out of your price range. maybe wait and save up around $120 and get the lace sensor dually humbucker, that would scream. the d-activator is about $75.
Last edited by RHCPFitz at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by akedia101
tru, your right it the breed may not be heavy enough,

now tell me bout this custom

i think it's kind of like a hot-rodded paf with a ceramic magnet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a DiMarzio Super Distortion, Right in your price range and great pickup.
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
hmmmmm super distortion ehhhhhhhhhhh
hahaha

imma look into that
but ive looked into the dually's
but i need this now ya know what im saying
these single coils are holdin me back
or at least thats the way im feelin bout it hahaha