I need some help with my ibanez when ever i switch pickups with the pickup selector i lose sound i have to wiglle the selector for it to work again this problem only developed last night. i was just wonderin wat it could be.

(Edit) Im also thinkin about switchin pick ups i was lookin for a metallica kinda sound so i ws thinkin emg's or sd blackouts any thoughts??
Last edited by kingowensteve at Dec 27, 2008,
i have a fender frontman ive had the guitar a little while an its just started to happen!! it doesnt seem to matter whether i switch from bridge to kneck or kneck to bridge!!
I guess something needs re-soldering?

And with a Frontman, there's no point changing pickups, you won't hear much (if any) difference.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
New amp.

You'll feel like you got jacked hundreds of bucks if you get new pick-ups through this sh*t. I know, I own one.
ಠ_ಠ
Like mentioned it could be a bad wire, or a bad pot. Also, don't get EMGs if you want that "Metallica" sound. All pickups do is add sustain or tightness. The sound and tone always comes from the amp. I made this mistake when I first began playing and put an 81 in an SG Goth lol.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
im not set on emg's im just not sure what pick ups would best suit me which is why i asked before buying them i have quite a varied music taste so i wanted some that could handle a few genres
Proably some loose wiring inside it. The same happened to my Les Paul and I just soldered it back.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt