I have no idea what time signature this riff I wrote is in, so if anyone could help me out, it goes like this:

S, S, S, S, S, S, S, E, E, S, S, S, E, T

S = Sixteenth
E = Eight
T = Thirty-Second
if you take out the T it will be in straight 4/4

however if you dont its in 33/32
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
That last demi semi quaver really throws it out of any conventional time signature, it would be something stupid like 33/32. Without the last note it falls into plain 4/4 : 8/8 as far as i'm aware.

Unless i've counted wrong that is
Well, since practically the 32nd notes are never used, thats PROBABLY a grace note into beat one of the next bar, so id say 4/4
Quote by KiErAn123
Well, since practically the 32nd notes are never used, thats PROBABLY a grace note into beat one of the next bar, so id say 4/4

I stress it though. It's not a grace note.
if you stress it its going to sound like the one of the next bar its 4/4 33/32 is wacky and would enver be used ever
even if you stress it, it can still be a grace note, just an accented one i guess....can we get a recording or a guitar pro of it?
Couldn't you use a damn tie and make it 4/4 and not overcomplicate things by making it 33/32?

Actually, isn't it in 4/4 already? The phrase is a measure long when you leave out the 32nd note.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Last edited by SilverDark at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by princess piggy
if you stress it its going to sound like the one of the next bar its 4/4 33/32 is wacky and would enver be used ever

Yes it would, TS gave us the perfect example.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Quote by Mayano
Yes it would, TS gave us the perfect example.

Who is TS and I doubt it. There is no way the guy in the op is correctly doing 33/32 if you try it in a notation program its very strange, like the type of thing that would only be used in electronic music. Also, 33/32 is a terrible way to notate something and it would be worthless to the musician trying to read it. Even if the guy in the op is actually correctly playing it (he isn't ) there is going to be a better way to notate it.
S, S, S, S, S, S, S, E, E, S, S, S, E, T

in halft time is
33/16 which could be
one bar of 7/8
one bar of 5/8
one bar of 5/16
mahavishnu orcehestra would use time signatures like this at speeds around 200=300bpm which would give the same feel as 33/32