The option to change between 4,8 or 16 ohm is prolly for adding an external cab. Go for the same resistance as there is in your current speaker.
Quote by dudey5691
where is it saying this?

The 112 ONLY takes 16 ohms without modification.
That's what I thought cause everybody was saying that, so why does it say 4, 8 or 16 ohms on the musicansfriend page?
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
That's what I thought cause everybody was saying that, so why does it say 4, 8 or 16 ohms on the musicansfriend page?

it's what he said ^^^
it's for an external cab. i own one and that's what it says
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by anubiz03
The option to change between 4,8 or 16 ohm is prolly for adding an external cab. Go for the same resistance as there is in your current speaker.

Ok thanks.
Quote by anubiz03

It's a 16ohm minimum for any external cabs.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12

It doesn't.
Quote by dudey5691

It doesn't.
Yeah it does, it says in to the left under Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp Features. The last one.
Quote by dudey5691

It doesn't.

If it can only be 16 ohm, it would be very hard to put it into a 2x12 cab with v30's. At least in my system I have to use 8 ohm for that.
Quote by dudey5691
I'm guessing I misunderstood the Ohm stuff I read a while back.

As stated, it's referring to the external cab jack, not the combo speaker... the combo speaker MUST be 16 ohms unless you do some modification.

True. So TS, in essence, get a 16 ohm vintage 30. That should work fine.
The Combo speaker must be 16 Ohms like dudey said.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top