I notice that my Gold hardware on my Epi Explorer has begun to wear down a bit and expose it's actual chrome color.

Is it possible to take the Pickup covers and use Paint thinner to get all the gold paint off to make it Chrome? Has anyone ever done something similar to this before? Thanks.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

The gold on your pickups is electroplate not paint. I don't think paint thinner is going to take it off. If anything, it will dull the shine on the pickup covers.
Oh, I see. Is there another method to remove this substance though? I want to say sanding/steel wool, but I greatly doubt that will end well...
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

how bout you just send em to me?
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?

anyone?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv